News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Keeping score
« on: July 29, 2024, 01:37:29 PM »
I think most guys on this board keep score and play it down. I keep score by how I am in relation to par. I know where I am all the time. I only use a card and pencil if I am playing a new course.

My wife, on the other hand, plays 18 different games. Every hole is a new game, and she does not connect them after the round. Previous holes are forgotten. She plots each hole and tries to play it according to her plan. Par is irrelevant. She does not keep a handicap.

I have a friend who keeps score by where he is in relation to five. Par is irrelevant. For instance, one over fives or two under fives. He never writes down scores.

Others I play with write down every hole. Sometimes they know how they are scoring, and sometimes not.

I love it that golf can accommodate many types of scoring.

Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Wayne_Kozun

Re: Keeping score
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 02:03:03 PM »
And then there are the techno-nerds like me where my Arccos sensors record every shot that I take.  It keeps score and also has all stats, like distance of shots, etc.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 02:27:41 PM »
I only track greens in regulation...with side notes on 3 putt greens, bunker saves, etc.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Carl Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2024, 02:53:20 PM »
We normally play 18 hole match play, four ball, with full handicaps off the low handicap.  The only question is how much money you win or lose in honest play.  $1 bets.  Then we post adjusted gross scores (per USGA guidelines) for HC purposes.  Although we don't track the money, the consensus is that all the bets pretty much balance out over a year.  We're just trading dollars back and forth.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back