News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Segol

A Round Forever by John Scarth
« on: January 26, 2024, 06:59:58 PM »
Any guesses where I might find a copy of this? Not in abe or biblio. It's a biography of the Morcom family, and us cited liberally in The Courses of Vern Morcom. That's good, but I find the books that mostly describe the golf holes to be a bit tedious. I'm thinking this might have more on the family history and how their design philosophy developed.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mike_Clayton

Re: A Round Forever by John Scarth
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 06:18:08 AM »
Jeff,

I wrote the Foreword but I have no idea where you might find a copy - and I only have one!

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 09:25:55 AM »
Jeff, 

When I cannot find a book for sale I am looking for, my next step is Google Books and check libraries.

This book is at Michigan State University library - appears to be the only US library with a copy.
Not sure if you can get access through interlibrary loan, but might be worth checking with your local library.

Maybe Mike Clayton can recommend a good used bookseller in Australia, that may be able to find a copy.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Phil Young

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 12:33:55 PM »
Jeff, a Google search shows that there's a copy of it in the Michigan State University library, 3 at libraries in Australia (State Library of New South Wales, National Library of Australia & State Library of Western Australia) and available through NUKAT, Union Catalog of Polish Research Libraries that list 24 locations in Poland.

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 03:58:13 PM »
Jeff, 

When I cannot find a book for sale I am looking for, my next step is Google Books and check libraries.

This book is at Michigan State University library - appears to be the only US library with a copy.
Not sure if you can get access through interlibrary loan, but might be worth checking with your local library.

Maybe Mike Clayton can recommend a good used bookseller in Australia, that may be able to find a copy.

I've never seen a copy in the best second-hand book shop in Melbourne (Craddocks in the city) and they have the most extensive (and best) collection of old golf books.
Tom Ramsay's picture books of Australian golf in the 1980s are very revealing and show how far golf has come here in the last 40 years. There are always a few at Craddocks.

Michael Wolf

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 06:04:19 AM »
I have an extra copy. Shoot me a DM at 256-239-0143 and we'll figure out logistics.

Michael

Jeff Segol

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2024, 01:55:45 PM »
I have an extra copy. Shoot me a DM at 256-239-0143 and we'll figure out logistics.

Michael

Finally sent you the message, Michael, if you still have an extra copy of the book.

Thanks,
Jeff

Michael Wolf

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 02:30:18 PM »
Jeff,

I didn't receive a message. Could you resend? I'm at MichaelWolfBearcat@yahoo.com if that's easier.

Michael

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back