News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Rick Sides

Belgrade Lakes
« on: July 10, 2023, 05:10:26 PM »
Heading to Belgrade Lakes  Maine next week.  Was looking at the golf course there and wondering if anyone has played it?  Its not a cheap round and to take my father in law there will be close to 500 bucks for the two of us.  Is it worth it or is there a better nearby alternative?

Dan_Callahan

Re: Belgrade Lakes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 05:43:23 PM »
I used to own a house on Great Pond and have played Belgrade many times over the last 15ish years. Because of the amazing views and the generous spacing of tee times, I often considered it the most enjoyable round in New England. Their prices were always fairly high ($100 or so), but the post-pandemic increase is exorbitant. There’s no way I would pay more than $125 to play there.

Unfortunately, alternatives in the area are slim. Waterville isn’t bad. It used to be private, but looking at their website it looks like there might be public access?

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 05:55:00 PM »
They want 225 with no afternoon rates or senior rates and my father in law is a relatively non serious golfer

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 06:27:21 PM »
Yeah, I’d check out Waterville Country Club. It’s not too far from Belgrade, and it’s not an overly difficult course. Especially for a non serious golfer. I think it’s less than 6,400 yards. Obviously, between the two Belgrade is much better, but not at that price. It has to be the most expensive public course in New England. I think Newport National cranked up their greens fees too, but not that high.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back