News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Kiely

Re: And the Worst Routing Ever Award goes to.....
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2023, 02:53:05 AM »
The Golf Club of California in Fallbrook, CA would be another fun one for "Guess the routing" based on the aerial/Google Maps imagery. I like the course quite a bit, but it's another that's unwalkable and has some really long, seemingly strange drives between holes.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2023, 08:08:41 AM »
Hi Ben
Fortunately we played the original routing at Banff, unfortunately for Silvertip it was during the same trip
I couldn't finish my round at Silvertip as that routing was so silly
I wouldn't know what to do if there were more courses like that nearby
Peace
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2023, 01:12:08 PM »
Quick follow-up on the acreage for the CC of Poconos.

Shockingly all of the holes are contained in a 400 acre area, but I had to draw the looped in area a bit like a gerrymandered congressional district to get to that number!  ;)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2023, 01:40:29 PM »
The Golf Club of California in Fallbrook, CA would be another fun one for "Guess the routing" based on the aerial/Google Maps imagery. I like the course quite a bit, but it's another that's unwalkable and has some really long, seemingly strange drives between holes.

Mark,

Good mention.  I had to look at the scorecard to finally figure out the routing, doubt I would have got there otherwise. ;D

As for the course itself, looks like it comes in just shy of 6 miles, and yes a few long transitions for sure.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2023, 06:03:54 PM »
Every state has a strange course that you scratch your head and wonder, what limitations were placed here so that the routing is so poor?

One I can think of here in Virginia is Royal New Kent. Yes, it is a Mike Strantz but the 12th hole is a par three that goes nowhere and you have to come back to tee off on no. 13. Then there are three good holes on the other side of the road.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back