News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Morandi

By way of introduction
« on: March 07, 2023, 12:49:31 AM »
I’ve posted more than my share recently so I thought it fair that I introduce  myself. I’m a current member of CalClub, retired member of Springdale (William Flynn), Hudson National (Fazio et  al), Loch Lomond (Morrish/Weiskopf) and Cherry Valley (Rees Jones).  I  played some competitive golf years ago at the DIII level and made it to a national championship, where my weakness as a player came through. I love the game. It’s been very good to me and helped me build the business I started in 1996 but since closed. I’m also a sailor and member of the NY Yacht Club and Larchmont Yacht Club.  I love the outdoor and live in S.F. My course preferences lean toward London parkland and GB dunes but I  enjoy almost every golf course for its unique challenges, and respect the efforts of most architects, especially if they work with the land rather than impose themself on it. I have strong opinions although as I have aged have learned that it is better to listen than to talk. But as you have noticed with my posts, I am not  shy about talking or eliciting comments. This may not be all that I am, but it is a part of who I am in. Bear with me.

Bill Crane

Re: By way of introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 01:31:09 AM »
Mike:

Welcome to GCA;  used to be called the Treehouse.

Been wondering if you were my old friend, never lacking for a well thought out opinion, who supported my efforts to renovate our bunkers and have a viable professional Long Range plan at Springdale.

You will be happy to hear about the clubs re-engagement with Ian Andrew and, at long last, plans to work on our bunkers and address drainage and a few other issues.

More to follow.   Welcome, again.   

Bill  Crane

Michael Morandi

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 02:03:44 AM »
Mike:

Welcome to GCA;  used to be called the Treehouse.

Been wondering if you were my old friend, never lacking for a well thought out opinion, who supported my efforts to renovate our bunkers and have a viable professional Long Range plan at Springdale.

You will be happy to hear about the clubs re-engagement with Ian Andrew and, at long last, plans to work on our bunkers and address drainage and a few other issues.

More to follow.   Welcome, again.   

Bill  Crane

Bill, 
 I’m glad the club came to its senses and took your advice and now has enlisted Ian Andrew.

Michael

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 09:30:01 AM »
I’ve posted more than my share recently so I thought it fair that I introduce  myself. I’m a current member of CalClub, retired member of Springdale (William Flynn), Hudson National (Fazio et  al), Loch Lomond (Morrish/Weiskopf) and Cherry Valley (Rees Jones).  I  played some competitive golf years ago at the DIII level and made it to a national championship, where my weakness as a player came through. I love the game. It’s been very good to me and helped me build the business I started in 1996 but since closed. I’m also a sailor and member of the NY Yacht Club and Larchmont Yacht Club.  I love the outdoor and live in S.F. My course preferences lean toward London parkland and GB dunes but I  enjoy almost every golf course for its unique challenges, and respect the efforts of most architects, especially if they work with the land rather than impose themself on it. I have strong opinions although as I have aged have learned that it is better to listen than to talk. But as you have noticed with my posts, I am not  shy about talking or eliciting comments. This may not be all that I am, but it is a part of who I am in. Bear with me.

Mike - I was introduced to golf at Springdale in the 70's where I was a caddy under the infamous Pete Consoli. Had the pleasure of hosting Bill Crane and his son last summer at our William Flynn course in Chicago, Glen View Club.

Worked in Silicon Valley in the 90's.

Welcome...hope to connect.

Michael Morandi

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 09:54:15 AM »

Mike - I was introduced to golf at Springdale in the 70's where I was a caddy under the infamous Pete Consoli. Had the pleasure of hosting Bill Crane and his son last summer at our William Flynn course in Chicago, Glen View Club.

Worked in Silicon Valley in the 90's.

Welcome...hope to connect.

Thank you.  Consoli was gone when I joined Springdale in 2007 but I played many times in the club’s Consoli Cup. Springdale is a little gem. And even at just 6400 yards, the men’s college teams that play in the Princeton Invitational each spring do not tear it up. The green complexes frustrate the college kids. I’m glad the club has retained Ian to restore/renovate these complexes after, in my opinion, a botched attempt not too long ago by a construction guy who seemingly had no drawings. On one hole, he had to reposition the bunkers a few times in the course of a month! I believe that Bill Crane and I share this sentiment.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back