News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

astavrides

Rodeo Dunes - CO - Keiser, Coore and Crenshaw?
« on: December 21, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
Just got this in my inbox.
https://coloradoavidgolfer.com/ready-to-ride/
Couldn't find anything else with a quick google. It's not on the Coore/Crenshaw webpage.

Does anything know anything more that they can share?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 07:56:05 AM by astavrides »

Ronald Montesano

Re: Rodeo Dunes - CO - Kaiser, Coore and Crenshaw?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 07:15:16 AM »
First, it's Keiser with en "E." (probably the result of quick typing, one of my specialties :)

Second, I sense a few commonalities in where the sons are building courses. No rocket science involved. Sand, decently-sized urban center not super far away, potential for 3+ courses, even if one is a short course.

Third, Team Keiser is very open with essential information. I suspect that we won't have to wait too long for a larger release.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Craig Sweet

Re: Rodeo Dunes - CO - Keiser, Coore and Crenshaw?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »
Is it going to be pronounced Row-dee-oh Dunes or Row-day-oh Dunes?
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Drew Harvie

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 04:24:52 PM »
Everything reported in that article is correct. It'll be interesting to see Jim Craig get a crack at it. Michael Keiser (apparently) wanted to give a chance to someone who had not gotten the chance to build their own golf course, so a lot of unusual candidates were approached about course #2, but I think C&C were always locked in on the first one.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 04:26:38 PM »
This looks like great land, even I can see some holes from those photos to route. Is this going to be public as it says the foundations for the Keisers purchased the land?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

CJames

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 07:13:33 PM »
Jeff, I am 99.44% sure it will be wholly public.

Doug Wright

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 01:50:31 PM »
Happy New Year to all. I played golf with Josh Evenson last fall and he told me about this, but I was worn to secrecy.... I think Josh will be the project manager. There's a ton of great land out that way, and I'm sure this will be another rollicking Keiser family success. 
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Drew Harvie

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 02:58:36 PM »
Shameless self-promotion, but I was sent site-photos to post on the site, so here's the link.

https://beyondthecontour.com/keiser-headed-to-colorado-for-36-hole-rodeo-dunes/

Pat Burke

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 06:27:30 PM »
I was working at a course in Windsor for a stretch.
Lived in Denver for a good portion. The nightmare traffic at times led me to travel east and then down to Denver just to not sit staring at taillights.

I “may” know this area from taking drives. Pretty excited to hear this news.  Based on history, there is likely nothing like what this could be so close to all those golfers.

Can’t wait to see how it goes!!

David_Tepper

David_Tepper

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 07:33:29 PM by David_Tepper »

Paul Jones

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 12:08:31 PM »
Introducing Rodeo Dunes - www.rodeodunes.com

From the website - Rodeo Dunes is offering a limited number of Founder memberships. Make your own mark on golf history by joining with us to bring Dream Golf to the very outskirts of Denver. If you would like to commit to helping build a golf experience that will last for centuries, complete the Interest Form below.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:10:55 PM by Paul Jones »
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 03:00:42 PM »

From the website - Rodeo Dunes is offering a limited number of Founder memberships. Make your own mark on golf history by joining with us to bring Dream Golf to the very outskirts of Denver. If you would like to commit to helping build a golf experience that will last for centuries, complete the Interest Form below.
Paul,

A bit confused. I thought this was to be a public access course. What does Founder Membership mean?
Tim Weiman

Paul Jones

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 03:04:53 PM »

Paul,

A bit confused. I thought this was to be a public access course. What does Founder Membership mean?

If it is like Sand Valley, you can buy into and get benefits and free golf for life with getting money back after x number of years. Sand Valley paid them back part/half of the investment and then offered membership to Lido for the remainder.

I am just guessing this will be similar but have not enquired. A good friend is a founder at Sand Valley and was explaining this to me… I am sure it is not exactly as I explained but close enough get the gist….
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 03:37:28 PM »

Paul,

If it is like Sand Valley, you can buy into and get benefits and free golf for life with getting money back after x number of years. Sand Valley paid them back part/half of the investment and then offered membership to Lido for the remainder.

I am just guessing this will be similar but have not enquired. A good friend is a founder at Sand Valley and was explaining this to me… I am sure it is not exactly as I explained but close enough get the gist….
Paul,

Thanks. I thought Sand Valley was always a public access resort like Bandon, but Lido is to be a private club with limited access for those staying at Sand Valley.

Tim
Tim Weiman

David_Tepper

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2023, 03:44:49 PM »
From the LINKS article:

“The vision is to build Sand Hills with three to six 18-hole golf courses completely open to the public,” says Michael Keiser,

I think the Founders memberships are a way to raise a pool of capital upfront to ease to cost of financing the project. Selling a limited number of those memberships and granting the those members substantial access to the course(s) gets the ball rolling.   
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 03:57:24 PM by David_Tepper »

Max Prokopy

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2023, 04:09:30 PM »

Paul,

Paul,

Thanks. I thought Sand Valley was always a public access resort like Bandon, but Lido is to be a private club with limited access for those staying at Sand Valley.

Tim

Re: Sand Valley, I believe that is correct and don't forget about the new par ~69 Sedge Valley heathland-style effort being built there as well. 

Ben Sims

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2023, 04:50:04 PM »
Now that the news has gone mainstream, the local golf community here on the front range is buzzing. I think it’s going to be a homerun.

The only real issue will be deciding what the season is going to be. This time of year can be absurdly nice outside, but just as easily have a quick 3 inches drop and take a half to full day to melt. That danger lurks even into late May. Deciding how to handle what is sure to be expensive advance tee times in the event of a late winter storm will be important.

Rick Sides

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2023, 06:53:08 PM »
What does a property like this cost to buy ?

Paul Jones

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2023, 06:53:42 PM »
Now that the news has gone mainstream, the local golf community here on the front range is buzzing. I think it’s going to be a homerun.

The only real issue will be deciding what the season is going to be. This time of year can be absurdly nice outside, but just as easily have a quick 3 inches drop and take a half to full day to melt. That danger lurks even into late May. Deciding how to handle what is sure to be expensive advance tee times in the event of a late winter storm will be important.

Ben,

Don’t they have similar issues with Sand Valley?
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

David_Tepper

Ben Sims

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2023, 11:52:34 PM »

Ben,

Don’t they have similar issues with Sand Valley?

Never lived in Wisconsin so I can’t speak to the volatility of spring conditions. What I know about Colorado is that altitude causes some distinct late spring storm cycles that are more likely to bring snow than rain. Particularly in April and May.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2023, 06:13:50 AM »
When I lived in Denver, I played golf in every month of the year. I have worn shorts in January and I have shoveled 18 inches out of my driveway five weeks after the vernal equinox (and also the week before Halloween).

Generally the late season snow is heavy, wet, and you get a lot of it, but it can also vanish pretty quickly. "Four seasons in one day" is an overused expression, but in Denver it's as appropriate as anywhere. That area also seems to be something of a tornado magnet.

It's a very easy drive out that way, especially coming from the airport which is already 20 minutes closer to it than the city. I-76 has a 75 mph speed limit and is usually pretty sparse once outside the belt.

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2023, 09:22:44 AM »
How is that part of Colorado doing for water? I know this winter saw lots of snow, but in general do they struggle for water? Is this a case of adding golf courses where long-term they might not be environmentally sustainable? The property looks spectacular, and it's a bonus the courses will be public.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2023, 07:32:07 PM »
Dream Golf, a.k.a. the Keiser family, announced on April 18 that it will develop up to six courses at a development being called Rodeo Dunes.
Situated near the Front Range town of Roggen, approximately 50 miles northeast of Denver, the 2,000-acre site is replete with massive dunes and mountain views.
"The moment I set foot on this land, I knew this was the place," said Michael Keiser, son of Bandon Dunes domo Mike Keiser, and the developer of Wisconsin’s Sand Valley with brother Chris. "The dunes are perfect — tall and rolling, with unlimited possibilities for great golf holes."
As first reported by Colorado Avid Golfer in December 2022, two courses are currently on the books, one to be designed by Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, the other to be the first solo project from longtime Coore/Crenshaw associate Jim Craig. It’s most likely Craig’s course that will appear first. Also to come, soon thereafter, will be a short course and a putting course.
Named for the previous property owner — the Crevi family, which is among the country’s elite producers of championship rodeos — the layout has inspired Michael Keiser to draw parallels to the terrain at Lahinch, calling the site "where Ireland meets the American West." Craig got the nod to design the first course based on the positive experience the Keiser brothers had with him when he built the Sandbox short course at Sand Valley on behalf of Coore & Crenshaw in 2018.
"You just could not ask for a better site," said Michael Kesier of Rodeo Dunes. "The land requires minimal shaping. We know what kind of amazing work Bill and Ben do, and their routing is as great as you would expect from them. Jimmy Craig’s layout explores the property in a way that feels both similar and fresh. The two courses will complement each other and be a blast to play."
Construction at Rodeo Dunes begins this summer, with an expected opening date for public play in 2025.

https://www.firstcallgolf.com/design-notes/feature/2023-05-11/keisers-have-big-plans-for-colorados-rodeo-dunes
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back