News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

ANGC: Eh?
« on: April 03, 2022, 01:09:00 PM »
Aside the whole losing my sense of taste, the blinding snot and the rasping cough, apparently one of the unsuspected additional symptoms of getting Covid appears to be that I’ve slipped into a strange, weird parallel universe.

https://youtu.be/heIKaaamvdc

For a moment there, I thought I could see people larking about at Augusta. Must be the drugs…

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

George Smiltins

Re: ANGC: Eh?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 02:34:44 PM »
The YouTube comments on this are shocking. I found it impossible to watch more than a minute. Probably the same people looking for skateparks and $10 million dollar snow cone huts with their club memberships.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 02:58:34 PM »
  My grandson loves these guys.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 03:39:22 PM »
How in the hell did ANGC let these guys onto the property to do this?  I thought it was computer generated as there was no way they would be allowed onto the grounds.????
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Mark Mammel

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 05:09:38 PM »
Laugh or cry?
So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 05:21:36 PM »
Quite mind-boggling.
First, I thought ‘April Fool’, then I thought awesome witty spoof, then that must be some damn clever CGI, then reality dawned.
I like the idea that the old fogies at ANGC might be loosening up, but is this a step - or ten - way too far?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Cal Seifert

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 06:50:59 PM »
Without even clicking the link I know what the video is.  Saw a preview of it on Twitter. Oh my... Using a tennis racket and billiards cue on Augusta National ???

Greg Clark

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 07:04:06 PM »
I was surpised, but these guys are huge.  57 million subscribers.  The video has been watched over 4 million times in one day.  They did the same thing out at my club a few years ago.  But no question this is way out of charater for AGNC.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 09:10:37 PM »
Shhh.

Let people enjoy things.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2022, 09:48:52 PM »
It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

ANGC is loosening up. Clearly a bit too much for many here, but… yeah. Let people enjoy things. 57M people.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 10:11:10 PM »

I like the idea that the old fogies at ANGC might be loosening up, but is this a step - or ten - way too far?
F.

It seems like yesterday that Martha Burke was protesting about the membership but I guess it's been twenty years. The speed of change has been faster than many thought with the ANWA, Drive Chip and putt, support of amateur events in Latin America and Asia Pacific, more inclusive membership, and expanded media coverage including social media and tournament broadcasting. All of it for the better.

John Kirk

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2022, 10:33:02 PM »
I say thumbs up.  Wholesome and entertaining.

Greg Hohman

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2022, 11:34:22 PM »
Moronic.
newmonumentsgc.com

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 01:17:47 AM »
Mon Dieu! Sacre bleu!!
Desecration! Sacrilegious! Larrikins let loose! Hooligans hollering! Hallowed ground violated! Sacred turf trampled! Tradition trashed! Venerated venue vandalised! Standards diminished!
I am rendered speechless; thank God for the keyboard!

P.S. My dear John Kirk......what price gratuitous pleasure and enjoyment? And my dear Kyle H. I refuse to be shushed!

Orra best Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Thomas Dai

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 03:05:35 AM »
Some nice low-level camera work shows aspects and angles of the course I've not seen before.
Shame about the rest of the content.
What'll they do, be permitted to do, next year and thereafter?
Maybe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzNKBZehSU - !! - :)
atb

David_Elvins

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2022, 07:59:13 AM »
I am ringing them tomorrow morning to try and make a booking.

Allowing public access rounds is the obvious next step. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

John Kirk

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2022, 08:03:00 AM »
Hi Colin.  I don't see a price to be paid for this tomfoolery.  They've checked this silly box off their list.  No harm, no foul.

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2022, 09:02:25 AM »
It's simply another sign that the apocalypse is soon upon us...;-)

Craig Sweet

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2022, 09:36:36 AM »
I'm dropping my membership!!!

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Buck Wolter

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2022, 09:43:18 AM »
Old Men shouting at clouds -- this isn't the Sistine Chapel its a Golf Course, good for them.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

John McCarthy

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2022, 10:00:31 AM »
We should put this aside and get back to the topic at hand: the bucket hat and women's championship amateur golf. 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Kalen Braley

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2022, 11:51:01 AM »
Its only surprising in context of all the archaic ANGC rules/guidelines...that are still in place for media and fans....err patrons.  ::)

P.S.  Agreed on the prior posts, at first i thought to myself, damn this is some really slick CGI editing...

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2022, 02:29:23 PM »
Its only surprising in context of all the archaic ANGC rules/guidelines...that are still in place for media and fans....err patrons.  ::)

P.S.  Agreed on the prior posts, at first i thought to myself, damn this is some really slick CGI editing...

Some of the rules/guidelines (like the use of patrons) do seem hokey, but I also think they're probably why it's the best spectator experience in golf and possibly all of professional sports.

To be fair, I can't speak for the Open since I've never been, but there's no comparison between the Masters and the US Open/PGA.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »
Dear Buck,
Talking about "Old men shouting at clouds.." I was amazed that a bolt of lightning did not strike and rend asunder these miscreants! And yes you mention the Sistine Chapel. Well the finest golf course in the world are places of reverence, golf is a religious experience to some (no prizes for guessing who!) and its places of worship must be visited in hushed (Yes Kyle I agree with you here!) tones. We all pray for a fine round, we have faith in the Gods of Golf to deliver a just outcome and we live in eternal hope that deliverance, in the form of a nurtured soul, spirit and an encouraging score, will be the result! To wander around golfing cathedrals wielding "..implements singularly unsuited to the purpose.." mocks our gracious pastime and is a profanity!
Here endeth the homily!

"God bless us everyone"

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2022, 07:42:17 PM »
it's the best spectator experience in golf and possibly all of professional sports.

I thought the best spectator experience in golf was the 16th at the Waste Management.  :)

As they say different strokes for different folks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back