News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

OT - UK To End Covid Testing For Vaccinated Travelers
« on: January 24, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

Daryl David

Re: OT - UK To End Covid Testing For Vaccinated Travelers
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 07:23:53 PM »
Yes, great news. Testing has been a hassle, but seems like a nit compared to closed borders and quarantine. We are finally moving past believing those measures actual make any difference.

John Emerson

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:21 PM »

Great news!  Mitigation measures (vaccines, masks etc) actually do make a HUGE difference regardless of what you want to believe
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 09:38:10 PM »

Great news!  Mitigation measures (vaccines, masks etc) actually do make a HUGE difference regardless of what you want to believe

Yes on vaccines to some degree...little with masks and an overall negative impact w lockdowns and mandates.  This thing is dying of itself...Omicron is like a forest fire and it is busy burning itself out...with certain exceptions (older and compromised people) the more who get Omicron the better as it has a very very low fatality rate and its hospitalization rate is almost as low...  At the same time it results in very strong immunity especially for those who have also been vaccinated...but Omicron immunity by itself is stronger than Vaccine immunity by itself. 

UK results have mirrored those of South Africa...and the USA states that initially had high Omicron case counts are now following the same curve as the forest fire burns itself out.

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »
There is little doubt in my mind that masks, lockdowns, tests and mandates saved hundred of thousands, if not millions, of lives worldwide in the last 2 years, especially before vaccines became widely available. Those measures kept the healthcare systems in the U.S. and in other countries from becoming any more overwhelmed and exhausted than they have been and now are. Estimates are that over 3,000 healthcare workers (doctors, nurses, staff) in the U.S. have died of Covid. Globally the number could be 100,000 or more.

Mike Wagner

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 10:34:52 PM »

Ok, glad to know we can't believe anything else but this. Only reason to say something this stupid is to pick a fight.

Craig Disher

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 12:03:21 AM »
Can't see anything stupid about saying the obvious. Many don't believe that masks and vaccines don't make a difference in slowing the spread of covid. They do. The British government believes testing and quarantining fully vaccinated visitors isn't worth the effort. Can't we leave it at that?

Mike Wagner

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 10:50:38 AM »
Can't see anything stupid about saying the obvious. Many don't believe that masks and vaccines don't make a difference in slowing the spread of covid. They do. The British government believes testing and quarantining fully vaccinated visitors isn't worth the effort. Can't we leave it at that?

Nope. I won't leave it at that. Cloth masks are a joke and vaccines are only around to maybe keep someone alive. Plenty of spreading through vaccinated people. Believe what you want, but if you think what the government (any) is telling you, or what the mainstream media is telling you, you may want to do more research. Saying "vaccines make a HUGE difference no matter what you want to believe" is stupid ... period. There's plenty of room for opinions outside the mainstream media and plenty of people have been silenced who have presented evidence to the contrary of lord Fauci.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:03:40 AM by Mike Wagner »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 11:16:12 AM »
Mike,

I'm curious what this research is you're referring to?  I hear over and over again, don't believe the CDC or WHO, or organization <Insert Name>.

Name me just one peer reviewed study by a reputable group that shows evidence to the contrary?

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 11:57:08 AM »
Mike,

I'm curious what this research is you're referring to?  I hear over and over again, don't believe the CDC or WHO, or organization <Insert Name>.

Name me just one peer reviewed study by a reputable group that shows evidence to the contrary?

Plenty of information coming out of Israel regarding their vaccine experience. I think they are considering a 4th round of shots.  You can find plenty of links to studies being done all around the world at the link below:
https://twitter.com/Covid19Crusher

I would suggest that vaccines are not the real story with COVID. The deliberate denial of early treatment cost many American citizens their lives. Estimates are tricky but the number is high enough to turn one's stomach. I was one of those people that was told by a medical professional that there were no treatments and to go home and ride it out and if it got really bad, to go to the hospital. Given that early treatments were available in April of 2020, it was disappointing that the medical professional that gave me those instructions didn't know or refused to suggest those treatments in November of 2021.
Studies about natural immunity compared to immunity derived from the shot are becoming available. Should not be hard for you to find, if you really want to.
I wish you and yours the best of health.

Michael Felton

Mike Wagner

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »
Mike,

Honestly, Kalen, as Jeff stated, there's so much out there it's crazy .. and right from the beginning. I've read many of your posts, and I don't care about changing your mind on anything as I'm pretty aware of your stance. Some common sense applied to all the back and forth changing info should give you enough to maybe take a minute of pause to see if what we're being told makes sense.  I believe it does not.

SL_Solow

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »
Once again a simple message designed to inform us of something marginally related to the site in that it may impact on visits to see courses (and I note my good friend David identified the thread as off topic) has devolved into political nonsense.  Those who do not choose to believe in data will not be convinced or at best will pick and choose.  Please let this thread move into oblivion or let the moderators delete it.

jeffwarne

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 02:35:57 PM »
Encouraging news:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-24/u-k-to-end-covid-testing-for-vaccinated-travelers

Not sure if/when Scotland buys into the plan.
https://www.visitscotland.org/news/2022/travel-restrictions-eased

Back on the OT topic.
That's great news.
Argues for an impromptu early spring trip to get ahead of the masses :) ;) [size=78%](see Dornoch thread)[/size]
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

MCirba

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 02:40:18 PM »
Egads...I've worked within healthcare all of my adult life.

The amount of disinformation traveling through certain social media circles and propaganda news media in the United States is a total disgrace and it's killing people.

Done with this thread.   Get vaxxed.   Get boostered.   Wear a frigging mask to protect yourself and others.

Anything else just propagates dangerous bs to serve a political purpose.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 03:12:42 PM by MCirba »
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Bernie Bell

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 03:57:26 PM »
[never mind]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:01:01 PM by Bernie Bell »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 04:41:19 PM »
That's good news David.

I'm heading to Mexico in a couple of weeks and the governments there do not require a negative test ahead of time or proof of vaccination to get in.  Unfortunately, as was the problem when I traveled to The Highlands last fall, the U.S. government still requires a negative test before returning; within 2 days of departure last year, within a day today.

As an old guy coping for 30+ years with Type II diabetes and high cholesterol, and no known allergies to vaccines and medicines, I got my three Moderna shots as soon as I was eligible.  If I've had C-19, I was mostly asymptomatic.  The preponderance of information I deem credible about masks other than the 95 series suggest that they are little more than a placebo.  Ditto for the $billions spent on sanitizers.  Nonetheless, I always wear a simple mask when required (e.g. airplanes, medical facilities) and wash my hands at probably 3x the rate previously.

My son, under 40 and in great physical condition, has had his three shots, all very early in the pandemic because of his work.  He has had C-19 twice, both times after the shots, neither with more complications than an average flu.

Mike Cirba- certainly you have enough self-awareness to know just how political you are on a variety of topics (and how offensively your remarks could be taken if your political opponents had similar thin skin).  I know several (more than three) medical doctors personally who have treated hundreds of C-19 patients that would likely concur with what Mike W and Jeff T are suggesting.

BTW, the literature on how values are formed, reinforced, and protected is fairly extensive.  Simply, opinions are formed, developed into beliefs, and then, through the limiting lenses of confirmation bias/selective perception, distilled into core beliefs.  What I find astonishing is that many of these core beliefs are often cemented at a very young age (7 +/-).  Efforts to thwart debate could be a reaction to shield one's self-concept (the collection of our core beliefs/at times, the way we want our peers to see us) from a chisel in most cases, and a jack-hammer occasionally (btw, I have not stayed at the HI-Express for some time, but did spend four long years studying this stuff a half-life ago, albeit, at a public, land-grant institution).       

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »
Would you trust this person to be your doctor? I would.

Why is this presentation/discussion so controversial?

https://rumble.com/vlxpf0-ryan-cole-talks-about-vaccine-mandate.html

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 08:41:10 PM »
Our group was scheduled for Scotland in May of 2020.  Courses were wonderful about moving our reservation to 2021 and again to 2022. I’m more optimistic today than I was on Jan. 25, 2020

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 10:28:21 PM »
Our group was scheduled for Scotland in May of 2020.  Courses were wonderful about moving our reservation to 2021 and again to 2022. I’m more optimistic today than I was on Jan. 25, 2020

I appreciate your optimism. Playing golf in Scotland is a treasure that I will never forget.

Mike Wagner

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »
Egads...I've worked within healthcare all of my adult life.

The amount of disinformation traveling through certain social media circles and propaganda news media in the United States is a total disgrace and it's killing people.

Done with this thread.   Get vaxxed.   Get boostered.   Wear a frigging mask to protect yourself and others.

Anything else just propagates dangerous bs to serve a political purpose.

What if I have a family history of blood clots, no underlying conditions, and have had covid? Do I get the vax?

...and yes, this is great news for travel. Let's gooooo!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 10:44:04 PM by Mike Wagner »

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2022, 07:29:05 AM »

What if I have a family history of blood clots, no underlying conditions, and have had covid? Do I get the vax?

...and yes, this is great news for travel. Let's gooooo!!

I work with the Developmental Disabled, so it is my opinion that these are complicated conversations for all. Israel led the world into vaccination, and now seems to be pausing:

https://unherd.com/thepost/israeli-vaccine-chief-we-have-made-mistakes/?tl_inbound=1&tl_groups%5B0%5D=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=db4144a85c&mc_eid=f0748ee1b2

"Especially with Omicron, where we don’t see virtually any difference, there is a very narrow gap between people vaccinated and non-vaccinated, both can get infected with a virus, more or less at the same pace.

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2022, 11:44:19 PM »
Dr. Atlas delivers a report from ground zero. It's a must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6kmm70ji5c

Amol Yajnik

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2022, 10:58:53 AM »
Dr. Atlas delivers a report from ground zero. It's a must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6kmm70ji5c

Respectfully: Dr. Atlas isn't at ground zero.  He's a suit that was trying to shape policies early in the pandemic when 45 was in office, he's not actually treating patients.  Very different from someone like myself that has actually been treating COVID patients since the very start of this thing.  You have a different appreciation for this virus when you actually see what it does to some people. 

We are 2 years into this thing and it's going to be in our lives for many years to come.  The 2 things that people fear the most from COVID are either getting sick enough to be in the hospital, or getting long-term symptoms after having COVID.  Getting vaccinated decreases the risk of both of those things.  Full stop.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back