News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Fisher

Resolutions and Aspirations for 2022
« on: December 31, 2021, 10:07:34 AM »
Any particular GCA-related wishes or resolutions GCA friends would like to make public at the turn of the old year? I am sure like everybody I am hoping for a return, albeit in some constricted form, to the world before COVID, and would like to travel a bit more than has been possible these past two years (and, for example, to see plenty of American friends in Wales).

As for personal aspirations, I hope to do a BUDA one day soon, to get back to Hoylake in the spring and to Macrihanish this coming autumn, and to putt more consistently from four feet. More generally I hope that the tree removal and undergrowth clearance programme at Huntercombe continues, that the planned new irrigation system (and dormy extension) at Harlech help to keep RStD dry, enjoyably playable and solvent, and that in these chastening times we all remember that golf courses and clubs are places (above all) to have fun with friends.. :)

On which uplifting note,  I do hope that everybody on this site has a happy and healthy 2022, and continues to enjoy playing, and talking and writing about playing, our wonderful game.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Resolutions and Aspirations for 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 10:35:22 AM »
Thank you, Richard -- wishing you too all the best in the new year.

I resolve in this coming golf season to make 'paying attention' my top priority, ie to prioritize -- over the scores I shoot or the time it takes for a round or even the courses I play -- to be fully engaged in the moment, moment by moment and for all 18 holes, in what I am doing and seeing and experiencing right here and now, in the present.

I have come to believe that fostering this present moment awareness is the key to truly appreciating, enjoying and getting the very most out of both the architecture and the game.

Best wishes to all
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 11:22:52 AM by Peter Pallotta »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 05:04:26 PM »
Thank you, Richard -- wishing you too all the best in the new year.

I resolve in this coming golf season to make 'paying attention' my top priority, ie to prioritize -- over the scores I shoot or the time it takes for a round or even the courses I play -- to be fully engaged in the moment, moment by moment and for all 18 holes, in what I am doing and seeing and experiencing right here and now, in the present.

I have come to believe that fostering this present moment awareness is the key to truly appreciating, enjoying and getting the very most out of both the architecture and the game.

Best wishes to all

Peter:

We are on the same page it seems.  If I've learned anything from the past two years, it's to live in the present, because we are lucky just to have that much.  So I will do my best to cut the "transit" portion of my life to a minimum, to do my best work for two months in New Zealand and then leave the rest to my crew there, and then enjoy the luxury of working on two projects side by side in Wisconsin next summer.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »

I’m going to focus on my golfing roots. Mom and Pop golf courses. Playing with buddies at places that don’t require a collar. Having more fun with friends than with pars and birdies. I hope to contribute some threads with photos when I can figure it out.

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 09:08:23 PM »
By all accounts my golf business has been successful.  I make a good living working on golf courses. But I was telling Mike Nuzzo last night, my goal for ‘22 is to somehow recapture the feeling I had when we created Wolf Point.  Not worrying about the next gig, or if everyone approved. 
It’s harder to do because the circumstances are always so different from what we had there, but the yearn to get lost in the moment is stronger than ever.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 07:38:43 AM »
My wish echoes Richard’s last line: everyone stays healthy to enjoy the game that unites us.

Ira

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back