News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

A wild Slag Bandoon sighting in its natural habitat
« on: August 26, 2021, 10:42:03 PM »
20210823_163252 by Garland Bayley, on Flickr

Exact location will not be given to prevent the habitat from being unnecessarily modified. However, the code name for the habitat would be South Berwick East Links.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Pete_Pittock

Re: A wild Slag Bandoon sighting in its natural habitat
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 11:51:18 PM »
His natural habitat is a cart path? But good to see him.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 11:54:58 PM »
Natural habitat referred to the dozer and the transit.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »
It's been a quite a journey for Norbert!  I hope Slag  is still writing poetic muses of the beauties of those fields of play and dreams. 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 05:50:18 PM »
If Slag were writing poetically about those fields of play and dreams he would have to find rhymes for biaritz as there is not one, but two such greens.

It seems that spring flooding could put the whole place 6 feet under water. Therefore, greens that drain quickly are of high importance. Putting a channel through the middle of a green would help serve that purpose nicely.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »
You don’t see that everyday!
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 07:51:36 PM »
You don’t see that everyday!

I think my previous sighting was on Google Earth over Silvies Valley. This was my first up close in habitat sighting.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 02:41:02 PM »
When it comes to being poetic, Norbert should be able to find lots of things to rhyme with pit.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back