News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Noel Freeman

* Now, I have not posted in eons but the messages/reports/texts I am receiving are surely signals of the four horsemen of the apocalypse are upon us.

Ran is shooting in the low 70s again and pasting opponents in match play- I think in Ran's lexicon he prefers the term "Thrashing".

Ran recently had another hole in 1 on one of Europe's finest courses.

I'm guessing HgH or non conforming equipment but someone needs to find out what is in the water down in Pinehurst.  If we are all not careful Golf's most beloved might be out of hibernation with his ego unchained (and I mean that in the Van Halen way).

Good golfing Ran ::)

Marty Bonnar

Re: Ran is channelling his inner 1986 Jack Nicklaus or 1965 Sam Snead
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »
Anything that brings the NAFfer out of hibernation must be good. More HIO’s to our lustrous (sic) leader.
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 04:50:00 PM »
I can testify to Ran's out-of-body, out-of-mind level of play. He's wearing all sorts of bodily devices and gadgets meant to mitigate his physical erosion. Furthermore, he's traveling with two putters and gawd knows what other extra equipment, all done (I believe) to psycho-terrorize his playing partners opponents.

The blood platlet serum must be working because he's finally cracking 200yds off the tee and I hear his ace on French soil definitely played longer than 90yds. The man is enjoying the twilight of his prime and those of us lucky enough to witness it still find him predictably insufferable, yet charming.

I do think all here in the treehouse should have a drink on Golf's most beloved and send him the bill! Bottoms up!!

Cheers!

PS...He's still sweating like 68' Jack...wearing Sansabelt slacks and cotton shirts.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:29:02 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Noel Freeman

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »
Steve- if you recall Ran is fond of bringing out his tweed blazer which in his aggrandized sense of self is akin to the Green Jacket all places with him to lend an air of superiority around him.  I can't remember if it has elbow patches but I think he likes to bring it out like its some heirloom or historic token on loan from the USGA museum.My own guess is he mistakenly took it from the SFGC cloak room and never looked back..  Or maybe he pinched it from some Goodwill shop up in Scotland as the octogenarians there have realized how horrid it looks and what horrific sartorial splendor does to the mood even when chased with a hearty claret.  Now about that time Ran wore salmon colored knickers when we once played.......
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:13:34 PM by Noel Freeman »

Steve Lapper

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 05:35:51 PM »
Steve- if you recall Ran is fond of bringing out his tweed blazer which in his aggrandized sense of self is akin to the Green Jacket all places with him to lend an air of superiority around him.  I can't remember if it has elbow patches but I think he likes to bring it out like its some heirloom or historic token on loan from the USGA museum.My own guess is he mistakenly took it from the SFGC cloak room and never looked back..  Or maybe he pinched it from some Goodwill shop up in Scotland as the octogenarians there have realized how horrid it looks and what horrific sartorial splendor does to the mood even when chased with a hearty claret.  Now about that time Ran wore salmon colored knickers when we once played.......

Noel,

I've seen said such blazer when he was last in Bernardsville. A club member came over to the table and remarked it looked familar. After a few minutes, he recalled where. It was on a Rudolf Valentino mannequin in the Hollywood Wax Museum.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:39:17 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 06:42:59 PM »
Gentlemen,
And it's not even Easter! First we have Gib Papazin rearing his head and now Noel Freeman (alias Tuco?). What has occurred in the depths that they have been inhabiting for the last half a decade to prompt this reappearance? I don't believe in coincidences. Is there a sleight of hand afoot? Ran has a lot to answer for if he has unwittingly prodded a couple of bears and brought them out of hibernation to roam these pages with their diabolical scribblings. We will see!
Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Steve Lang

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »
 8)  Ran did have the fashion sense back at the Land of Enchantment event's day at Black Mesa, to change out of his traveling suit & tie, though I don't know why, scurrying back to Santa Fe in a cloud of dust to change his togs, and finally returning to partner with Doug Wright in a fourball betterball matchplay adventure in the high desert against Ms Sheila & I... he was gaminging a new Taylormade R7 Quad driver set to fully counteract his dreaded curving ball tendencies, but to randomly mixed results and pressuring of his short game and psyops approaches... he was cracking 200 yds in various directions, but it may have been the altitude.   I considered the 5&4 thrashing we received, mainly at Doug's hands, a WIN-WIN experience, while Ms Sheila remembers almost snatching the impossible putt prize from Ran's billfold at the 15th, by mere inches.

Never a dull moment with the lad.  Glad to hear there's excitement somewhere or at least creatures finding new habitats after a pond turnover event...
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back