News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Anyone played both of them and/or know a bit about each of them to be able to talk about the differences, preferences, etc.?

Thinking about playing one (or maybe both depending on my energy level that day) in about a month, and just wondered if you know them both pretty well which one you would try to set up for your morning (first) round and which one you would leave to chance in case you get a chance or decide to do a second round?
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Colorado Golf: Keystone River Course vs Keystone Ranch Course?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 12:28:14 AM »
Hi Daryl, I have played both. The River Course is a wild and in places skinny ride down the mountain. It has some very good holes but is pretty average, except that it is on a mountain. The Ranch is just fun. Unlike the River Faye and I walked it. It is in a little bowl that is wide open with some water here and there. It probably isn’t as difficult as the River but I enjoyed it more. We played the Ranch around sunset and it was just stunning. It has been some 15 years since we played it but enjoyed them both, just don’t over expect. Breckenridge is better.
Where else are you playing up there? I think I’ve done them all.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Re: Colorado Golf: Keystone River Course vs Keystone Ranch Course? New
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:55:26 AM »
Hoping to play Breckenridge as well.  Was also looking at The Raven.    Kind of settled on a couple days around that Silverthorne area as I want to play some mountain golf on this CO trip but don't want to venture much further up the mountain pass to the west from Denver since I need to be down in CO Springs following that 2 day window for the actual business portion of this trip. 

I have played a lot of courses around Denver and heading down towards CO Springs but have never played anywhere west up into the mountains.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:40:41 PM by Daryl "Turboe" Boe »
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Colorado Golf: Keystone River Course vs Keystone Ranch Course?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »
The Raven is even hillier than The River. You will be able to hit some of the longest drives of your life. Like the River, it has some very good holes, some average holes and some head scratchers. If you were to miss one this might be it.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back