News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Salmen

18th at Seminole, an observation New
« on: May 09, 2021, 01:07:47 PM »
I have never played Seminole but once played Dornoch with a member.  He observed that the 6th green reminded him a lot of the 18th at Seminole.

I noticed that the tee shot at 18 at Seminole looks a lot like the tee shot at 3 at Dornoch.  Trouble left, at least the further left you go,  a fairway that tilts left to right, and a series of bunkers that line the right side.  I would assume there is more left to right fairway slope at Dornoch.

Since I have not played it, are these legit observations?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:15:59 PM by Steve Salmen »

Tommy Williamsen

Re: 18th at Seminole, and observation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 01:38:01 PM »
I have played both but just don't see the similarity. The terrain is very different.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tim Leahy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »
I noticed the driving range was in play on wayward slices and right of the green when balls rolled off. I have never seen a range that wasn't OB or fenced. Are there other examples of in play driving ranges with no OB on classic courses? Was this done just for the Walker Cup? ???
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:35:04 PM »
Tim -

Re: driving ranges in play, remember Jordan Spieth blocking his tee shot into the range at Royal Birkdale in 2017?

DT

Ira Fishman

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 08:12:59 AM »
The range at CPC is in play for unaccompanied guests early in morning. I know because my tee shot was there.

Ira

Will Lozier

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 08:31:43 AM »
The range at CPC is in play for unaccompanied guests early in morning. I know because my tee shot was there.

My tee shot wasn't in the range....but the range seemed to be in the 1st fairway!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back