News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: “Trail Fee” for Walking
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2021, 11:53:35 AM »
Erin Hills just sent me this email offering single bag caddies as a premium. The jokes on them because I tip a double bag the same as a single. If I only knew double baggers were cheaper. Thanks EH!!!

https://erinhills.com/golf/caddies/?utm_source=erin_hills_email_database_may_12_2021&utm_medium=medium&utm_campaign=caddies&utm_content=caddies

Kyle Harris

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2021, 12:54:27 PM »
Kyle Harris: "My fitness and health is not here to subsidize your lack thereof any more than it already does  in life.
Nor is paying for something I most vehemently do not WANT a way to retain my business.
I’m in the South and I walk. Am I not part of the everyone? Raise the rate of the cart to what it actually “costs” to let me walk. Let the lazy and petulant subsidize me."

Easy there Clark Kent. I'm about to have knee surgery but I'd still love to play some golf afterwards. I may, or may not, be able to walk a full round. I honestly don't know. If I feel the need to use a cart, would that make me "lazy and petulant?" No. I would readily pay extra for the assistance/convenience.
I always thought the "greens fee" was the amount a bag carrier/push-carter was charged. Anything above that should contain surcharges. Again, good luck asking any public course what their actual "playing fee" is.

Are you seriously suggesting that recovery from knee surgery is equivalent to someone who could otherwise walk choosing not to?

Those are two completely different things.

How does your recovery align with playing golf, coincidentally?

The bullshit begins with places like Mission Inn which force you to ride their golf course built in 1918 because it is hilly to walk.

Not sure what they did before the golf cart for the first five decades of their history. I guess they just looked at the golf course.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PM by Kyle Harris »
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2021, 01:04:02 PM »
In 1918 you didn't walk as far between shots.

Carl Johnson

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2021, 07:50:02 PM »
This is not rocket science or brain surgery; it's business.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2021, 08:43:21 PM »
   Yes, it’s a legitimate business decision.  The question is whether it’s a good business decision.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back