News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Swanson

Re: What's the longest you've gone without playing golf?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 06:10:23 AM »
Eight years and counting.  Learning that your fuse might be a lot shorter than you thought it was as the father of a young one has an amazing impact on where and how you spend your free time.  When the kid decided baseball was his thing instead of golf (and suffering through successive frozen shoulders over the course of 3 years) sealed the deal.

Cheers,
Brad
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 06:13:26 AM by Brad Swanson »

cary lichtenstein

Re: What's the longest you've gone without playing golf?
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »
13 years now

Yikes. I'm sorry Cary. That's my biggest worry.
[size=78%]I can't compare myself to Tiger Woods but My golfing days ended at age 65, 12 years ago which was my first back surgery, my second back surgery was 18 months thereafter and my surgeon said: If you pursue golf further, you are going to wind up a cripple. My 3rd surgery 3 years ago, was a fusion like Tiger's, I tried to hit chip shots about 6 months ago and my leg went numb for 3 days. Since then I've had my right hip replaced and next month my left hip. Just bad luck to be arthritic, enjoy golf as long as you can, BUT every train pulls into a station eventually[/size]
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back