News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Re: Kinghorn, Fife (Old Tom & Willie Fernie)
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »
I will one more time plug Burntisland if you are that close; I love it
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 04:46:10 AM »
I liked the opening shots of the drone footage showing the club flag flying at half-mast. I seem to be getting to the age when the bloody things are flying at half-mast more often than not!
F.

So long as we're still around to see the flags eh, Marty!  ;)

I need to drive up to Glasgow soon to clear out Dan's flat that he had to abandon two months ago (and that we're still paying for >:( )

Lets get a game in - I like the look of Kinghorn and Burtisland!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:52:36 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

David McIntosh

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
Could be my matchplay tie vs David MacIntosh ?? 

Ian

Ian,

Sorry, missed your suggestion at the time but would be happy to play our game at Kinghorn when we’re able to get out. Looks interesting and also handy location wise for me. :)

Not sure if you’d thought of any other possibilities since we last spoke but I was trying to find somewhere between us and (think) I might have come up with a good one...can save it for another time though.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »
Could be my matchplay tie vs David MacIntosh ?? 

Ian

Ian,

Sorry, missed your suggestion at the time but would be happy to play our game at Kinghorn when we’re able to get out. Looks interesting and also handy location wise for me. :)

Not sure if you’d thought of any other possibilities since we last spoke but I was trying to find somewhere between us and (think) I might have come up with a good one...can save it for another time though.

No worries David, there's no rush is there ? However you can't tease us with talk of '.. a good one' without spilling the beans. Especially when it looks like we're in for another 3 weeks of lockdown!

David McIntosh

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 05:05:02 PM »
No worries David, there's no rush is there ? However you can't tease us with talk of '.. a good one' without spilling the beans. Especially when it looks like we're in for another 3 weeks of lockdown!
No rush at all Ian. Saw that today that the situation isn’t going to change until the end of May at the earliest.

I was thinking about Newbattle for our match. Not sure if it’s been changed much over the years, or how good it is, but thought it might be a chance to see one of the few Colt designs in Scotland. Anyone on here played it?

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
No rush at all Ian. Saw that today that the situation isn’t going to change until the end of May at the earliest.

I was thinking about Newbattle for our match. Not sure if it’s been changed much over the years, or how good it is, but thought it might be a chance to see one of the few Colt designs in Scotland. Anyone on here played it?

Good shout, My friend Neil Ross used to be a member there (not sure if you've met, he's  @Mortonhall now) - I'll get the lowdown from him. Nice summer evening outing.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2020, 02:40:25 PM »
Looks like Scottish golfers will be free to travel a bit further for their golf hit after the 3rd of July so who wants to suggest a date for a Kinghorn meet up?  What suits the majority, weekend or late pm given the copious daylight right now?

Let's see if we can make this happen in July.

cheers
Ian

Niall C

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2020, 05:50:27 PM »
Ian

I'm up for it. Haven't hit a shot this year but with my natural ability.................

I can do either evening or weekend but suspect getting a weekend might be difficult. You pick the date and I'll make myself available.

Niall

Tim Gallant

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2020, 06:03:03 PM »
Would love to join!

Weekends are best, but may be able to get out there in the evening also.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 06:07:53 PM »
So far this year, I played two rounds at Slaley in March, one at Thornton last weekend and am set for another Thornton on Friday and Monifieth on Sunday, so, obviously my game is in top form.
Would love to see you guys. Available anytime! (And happy to collect any stragglers from nearest rail stations).
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2020, 06:59:56 PM »
We're planning to be in Fife from 25 July for a couple of weeks, so if it fitted in with those dates I'd be there.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

David McIntosh

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 07:25:14 PM »
Ian,

Weekends also best for me but, as Niall says, might struggle for one at the moment. Will watch out for a date that works for most and should be able to join anytime in July (possibly except the 11th/12th).

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 02:44:33 AM »
Also still interested. No real issue with when.

James Reader

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 04:28:37 AM »
I’m planning to be in St Andrews from the 15th to the 26th and would love to join if possible.

Niall C

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 07:14:39 AM »
Ian

Looks like we've got two four balls at least. Just let us know when you've organised it (that's what they call delegation  ;D )

Niall

Mark Pearce

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 07:40:33 AM »
I’m planning to be in St Andrews from the 15th to the 26th and would love to join if possible.
Would 26th work for you?  Or are you travelling back then?  We're driving up on 25th but there's a medal at Elie I'd like to play that afternoon.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
It appears that from tomorrow I have the green light to travel up to Glasgow with Dan to clear his flat.

I'm free week commencing 6th July if that works with others.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:16 AM »
I've emailed the club to see when they have visitor slots as their website is a bit ambiguous - might still be members only.

We can take it from there.
Ian 

James Reader

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
Would 26th work for you?  Or are you travelling back then?  We're driving up on 25th but there's a medal at Elie I'd like to play that afternoon.

I think we’ll probably be driving back on the 26th but we haven’t finalised things yet.

Please don’t try to organise things around me.  If there’s a date arranged that I can make, and there’s space for me, great.  If not, I’ll get there another time. 

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2020, 12:17:32 PM »
Hi,

Visitor booking seems to be live again so let me throw two dates out and see how many takers we get.

Wednesday 15th July ~5pm  to help anyone working that day. (or could be earlier if no one needs the late start)

or

Sunday 19th July at around 11 am ( or could be later if that helped )

Thoughts ?

Ian

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 09:13:22 AM »
Today Nicola removed the 5mi travel guidance for recreation so we are good to go for this get together.

Still only 3 households mixing  so likely 3 balls but some hope that 4 may be allowed after the 10th July.

cheers
Ian

Niall C

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 09:42:35 AM »
Ian

Good man, I can do either of the 15th or 19th. How are others placed ?

Niall

David McIntosh

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »
Ian,

I can do the 19th and probably the 15th if going for a 5pm or thereabouts start.

Cheers
David

Mark Pearce

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
I can't manage either of those, I'm afraid.

Tim Gallant

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »
I could hopefully manage the 15th - I might struggle for the 19th.

I thought it might be easiest to create a Doodle, and we can see what gets the most votes?

https://doodle.com/poll/p6n6q9q42ye9i2e5

Edit: It seems to have defaulted all the times to 5pm, but I'm guessing once the day has been agreed, a suitable time can be made. In general, per Ian, 5pm during the week and during the day on the weekends.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:43:47 PM by Tim Gallant »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back