News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Stephens

Re: Synthetic Turf Greens
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 02:40:14 AM »
Appreciate all the suggestions and help!  Thanks!

i have been in contact with Wes Weber and he really knows this subject and has been highly recommended by several.  The hybrid turf looks cool but is really for football/soccer type of fields and wouldn't be effective for golf, from what I saw.

Amazing how improved the products are from just 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Mike,

I am sure the hybrid technology in near future can get to 5mm heights for greens - this would mean better playing surfaces in the UK/similar climes in winter in theory.

There is no harm in contacting Desso whether their product is capable to achieving lower levels. based on my experience of playing hockey (field hockey in US speak) the astro is mighty quick for hockey balls. I am sure their tennis surfaces are similar.

Companies like to be challenged with new requirements by designers and clients.

Cheers
Ben

Trey Kemp

Re: Synthetic Turf Greens
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 01:55:47 PM »

Mike, sorry I am a few days late.  I just wanted to let you know that we have also had success here in North Texas on an estate project with 4 artificial turf greens.  The longest shot into one of the greens is about 190 yards and the green holds well.  We used Synlawn turf with their shotstopper product underneath.  I would be happy to send over our specification if you would like.  Here are a few photos of the project, best of luck with yours!!!

[/size][/color]
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back