News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Lewis

Sweetens Cove on Trackman Simulator
« on: January 05, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
What a joy! There is truly something right with the world when a NYer can play Sweetens on a cold January morning!

Thomas Dai

Re: Sweetens Cove on Trackman Simulator
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »
I’d like to give this a go too, especially on a rainy UK winters day. Folks shouldn’t knock good quality indoor simulator golf until they’ve tried it.
Atb

Matthew Rose

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:27:34 PM »
Is that running Virtual Golf 2?
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Jeff_Lewis

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 10:18:51 AM »
Matthew - sorry but I don't know.   One accesses the courses directly through Trackman, but I don't know what simulator system it is. 

Steve Lapper

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
Matthew - sorry but I don't know.   One accesses the courses directly through Trackman, but I don't know what simulator system it is.

Most likely a Full Swing or Golfzon. The Trackman software is easily embedded into them.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Peter Flory

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 12:44:26 PM »
Trackman bought Perfect Golf.  I believe that this software is essentially the sequel to that, but called virtual golf 2. 

The graphics are now the best for software where every object is 3D modeled (i.e. some software looks photorealistic, but the objects aren't interactive). 

https://youtu.be/v_gxJpqofpU?t=67

Also, keep in mind that Trackman indoor is not the same as the outdoor version.  The outdoor tracks the exact ball flight.  The indoor version has to track only the first 6 feet and then it extrapolates/ models the rest of the shot.  So, inherently, it can't be as accurate- but it is still very good. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:47:15 PM by Peter Flory »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back