News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Pebble Beach as it once was - old photos
« on: January 02, 2020, 12:46:03 PM »
Here are various old b&w photos of Pebble Beach as it once was.

The first photo is a colourised photo as seen on Geoff Shackelfords website as part of this article - https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/12/22/pebbles-7th-in-living-color - with the photo itself being thereafter repeated on various social media sites.

The following are some other old b&w photos that have now been coloured. They may have appeared on a 2019 GCA thread but I haven't been able to find it. Amongst the players on view in some of the photos is a certain Dr MacKenzie.

Enjoy
atb

Bruce Katona

Re: Pebble Beach as it once was - old photos
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
Boy do I like what may be the original bunkering swath surrounding the 7 th green and the actual green complex!  The picture makes it feel like a bit or grass was planted and nurtured out of the surrounding dunes to create a small putting surface.

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »
All the sand is striking and creates a more natural aesthetic than the way the course is being presented today. Do you know which hole the last photo is from with the player in the bunker below the green?

Tim Gallant

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 10:53:31 AM »
All the sand is striking and creates a more natural aesthetic than the way the course is being presented today. Do you know which hole the last photo is from with the player in the bunker below the green?

Tim,

I'm not 100%, but I believe that is Frances Ouimet on the 8th.

Thomas, lovely photos - thanks for sharing!

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »

Tim,

I'm not 100%, but I believe that is Frances Ouimet on the 8th.

Thomas, lovely photos - thanks for sharing!

Tim-Thanks for that!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back