News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chad Anderson (Tennessee)

McLemore Club - Rymer, Bergin, Rees Jones & more...
« on: October 08, 2019, 02:31:36 PM »
What a great day at the Grand Opening of McLemore Club, just outside Chattanooga, TN.  The course, formerly Canyon Ridge, has been renovated by Bill Bergin and Rees Jones and it is great. 

The Grand Opening included a panel discussion on architecture, pace of play and growth of the game.  Charlie Rymer led the discussion with Rees, Bergin and Bradley Klein.  Some very interesting feedback and input from those guys.  I've spoke with Bergin on multiple occasions and I believe he has a great pulse on the game and what it takes to improve it.

We also were able to hear stories from Gibby Gilbert and Greg Powers.  Greg's story at The Olympic Club for the US Open is one I'll never forget!

The course is a very playable mountain course, which is sometimes hard to find.  It has 1 hole I didn't love (hole 6) but the rest were good or great.  As you arrive at 18 tee, it opens up and you can see for MILES!!  Bergin created a new hole 18 and used the old 18 as a 6 hole short course.  The new 18 has the most picturesque view of any course I've played in the US. 

They are building the clubhouse right now and in the process to build a hotel.  This is a great place to come for a few days and it's just over 2 hours away from Nashville, Atlanta and Birmingham.

Go check it out.

I posted a couple of pics on twitter - @tgachad.  I can't seem to get them to upload here.
Chad Anderson
Executive Director
Tennessee Golf Association
@tngolf

Jeff Schley

Re: McLemore Club - Rymer, Bergin, Rees Jones & more...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:36:19 PM »
Chad looks like a nice piece of land to work with.  Is this 6 hole short course open?  It sounds like it is a private course, but offer stay and play options for non-members.  Any idea of cost?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back