News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Langland Bay Golf Club
« on: August 26, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »
Anyone ever play Langland Bay Golf Club? https://www.langlandbaygolfclub.com/

It looks more downland than links. I was wandering around a map of the west of England and came upon this Welsh course.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Jason Topp

Re: Langland Bay Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
Interesting course map. 

https://www.langlandbaygolfclub.com/the-course/course-map/

A lot of crossing holes and it looks like members would tee off on two holes simultaneously on 13/14 and 16/17

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »
It has shades of Lahinch with 2 and 4 crossing over each other. 12 is a 90 degree dogleg and 7&15 share a tee. It looks pretty. I am curious to hear how it plays.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 10:45:12 PM »
I asked about this earlier (try search) and tour and travel Sean responded.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean_A

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »
Anyone ever play Langland Bay Golf Club? https://www.langlandbaygolfclub.com/

It looks more downland than links. I was wandering around a map of the west of England and came upon this Welsh course.

Langland is OK if a bit of downland/links imposter. It's biggest problem is there is a world class cow paddock down the road.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 04:18:52 AM »
I holidayed at Langland and Caswell Bays as a child - long before I started playing golf.

It is a lovely part of the world and the views from the headland occupied by the golf course are magnificent. Indeed, all positive reviews of Langland Bay GC major on the views.

I'm not sure that there is much else to talk about. This seems to be a common feature of headland golf courses.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 04:21:48 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Alex Miller

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 07:24:47 PM »
I holidayed at Langland and Caswell Bays as a child - long before I started playing golf.

It is a lovely part of the world and the views from the headland occupied by the golf course are magnificent. Indeed, all positive reviews of Langland Bay GC major on the views.

I'm not sure that there is much else to talk about. This seems to be a common feature of headland golf courses.

It seems like a beautiful course, no doubt. But from the online tour and photos there do seem to be a lot of, well, clunkers produced by the current routing. A 6k yard charmer is what it is but could a world class 6k yard course present itself given the right circumstances (i.e. funds are there and a want for change is desired)? I think it's very possible

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:25:19 PM »
I asked about this earlier (try search) and tour and travel Sean responded.

What is really fascinating is that I asked about the course five years ago and have zero recollection of it.

St. John of the Cross

James Brown

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
It’s on an interesting piece of land.  Like a big funneling bowl.  I drove over there one morning while staying near Pennard this July.  Was very lush and grassy for my taste, like running the sprinklers at night lush. 

Thomas Dai

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 04:12:59 AM »
Don't forget close-by Clyne GC by Harry Colt - http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,64454.msg1536249.html#msg1536249
Fine golf with ponies and sheep and views too. And a really good on-site Dormie House.
atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back