News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re:Pure envy
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2003, 04:39:40 AM »
"I had just never thought about members of Cypress Point having such easy access to THOSE holes.  I'm sure their late-evening rituals have much to do with their security interests on that part of the course."

TomD:

Now I completely understand what you meant. What you're saying is when those members sit up there in the clubhouse (having drinks) looking out over those great and otherworldly beautiful holes in the evening where perhaps not a single golfer has come along for an hour or more possibly inspiring them to hop on out there and zip around those beautiful holes again that that is probably the ultimate in golf's "Dog in the Manger" story.

I'm sure that's undeniably so!

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2003, 08:46:27 AM »
SteveTL- I can't confirm that this is Bing's loop but in the AT&T they have a five hole loop they play on Wednesday as some sort of clinic or  charity thing. The loop is 1,2,3,17 & 18.

I have never been to the bar at CPC, but if your sitting in the Caddie shack you can't help but be inspired. At Pebble, the Tap Room is windowless and made to look very east coastie with dark walnut(?) paneling. But if your up in the old Cypress room you can't help but feel the "urge".

Wilshire CC has a couple of good to great whiskey loops.

THuckaby2

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2003, 10:10:39 AM »
Tom:  that is one of the best whiskey routes, emergency hole routes (whatever you want to call them), that I can even imagine.  So good in fact, that it deserves its own thread.

I wonder, however, how often people just say "screw the misdemeanor, I'm gonna hit the shot on 16" and just pop in with a long iron and a couple of balls, hit the shot, and disappear.  

Personally, if I lived anywhere in the area as a stupid, irreverent, youthfully exhuberant kid growing up, it's 99.9999999999999999% certain that me and the kids who ultimately became the degenerate golf buddies would have tried it.    

Dave - this is just more proof to me that we must have been separated at birth, or that degenerate minds think alike.

Call that 100%, my friend - been there, done that.

Mr. Huntley, forgive me, I was very young...  ;)

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back