News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

GD supports Mike Keiser for the HOF
« on: July 04, 2019, 02:29:27 PM »
Golf Digest wrote a comprehensive article about Mike Keiser and suggested he be in the Hall of Fame.

I know Mike pretty well and it had a few things I didn't know.

A good read.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/why-the-keiser-method-works

Terry Lavin

Re: GD supports Mike Keiser for the HOF
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:55:23 PM »
A couple of us gca posters recently nominated Mike for the Illinois PGA HOF. The committee agreed but Mike demurred, thinking that the institution was not really an appropriate spot for a golf course developer.  We were bummed but not particularly surprised, given the man’s character and judgment.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Lou_Duran

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »
You guys should run Mr. Keiser for president.  Knows how to run businesses in different industries; great judgement and character; humble.  Other than willingness, what more is needed?

Jeff Schley

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:13:26 AM »
Some pretty niche history which was fun to find out, like how he creatively got others to partner with him, how his boys got their careers started outside of his business, resilience in believing in his formula of water+sand=success. Always good to hear of a Chicagoan having success.

Haven't gotten to the Dunes Club as of yet, but keep telling my dad and brother one of these summers we have got to experience it.

I would like to know what happened to those sites he bought in Oregon during his buy spree.

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 08:11:36 PM »
He is in one HOF that I know of.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back