News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Guys,
I offered a couple of these last year and was happy to meet a couple GCA'ers in the process.  I do quite a few charity auctions and generally play with my dad and brother on golf trips when I'm home during the summer. I don't think my brother can play and wanted to offer the spot here.

1. I already donated to charity for this and don't believe in charging anyone when I invite them.

2. The spot will be given totally at random, not first come first served or whoever has the most posts etc.

3. All I ask is pay your caddie fee, bring a good attitude, and continue paying it forward when able.
Details
Send me a PM with your interest as it will be around noon on July 21st at Maidstone on L.I., which I don't have to introduce much further.

On July 3rd I will randomly ask my mom to pick a number between 1-xx.  Then one more number as a backup.
The xx will represent the number of people interested. I'll PM the winner and the backup.

My mom's birthday is July 3rd so please PM me by July 2nd.

God bless
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Joel_Stewart

Re: Maidstone - July 21st like to offer the 1 spot to a GCA poster
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »
Very generous of you to offer.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 07:48:55 AM »
+1 to Joel's comment.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

MCirba

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 10:35:18 AM »
I was fortunate to join Jeff, his dad, and brother at a wonderful course last year.

Run, don't walk. 
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Hey guys.  I just finished talking to my mom and wished her a Happy Birthday on the phone and asked her for 3 number between 1-31 (the number of guys interested).  She asked why?  I said to make a stranger's day (she is very kind and generous), she was happy to give a little joy in the world. Sorry to those who weren't lucky, but keep paying it forward regardless.

I have communicated with the "winner" and 1st and 2nd backup respectively.  I wanted to do 2 backups as there is no way I would leave this spot open regardless. I don't want to say who won, who is the backup ect. as this charity auction donation to Maidstone was made with the donor asking for discretion and I certainly will honor that. Also I had 2 people contact me via email who I don't think are even part of the site, so word traveled fast (one offering $750 to play). Sorry it isn't a side auction.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend. I know we will have a great time on a weekend in July on Long Island.

God bless,
Jeff
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

David Wuthrich

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 12:27:59 PM »

Jeff,
You and your Mom are the best!
Have a wonderful 4th of July with your family.
I will continue to "Play it Forward"!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back