News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JBovay

Re: GCA tee shirt - Interested in a new release?
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2020, 10:32:58 AM »
George,

Thanks for the tee shirt. It looks great!

Everyone,

Stay healthy and safe.

John McCarthy

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
George:

Got the shirt Saturday and I am wearing it as I type. 

It's great.  Thank you.

John
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

George Pazin

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciate, even if I feel a little undeserved.

For those curious, the ink that I used for the shirt is a mix of two types: the lightest two colors are called discharge ink, which is a water based ink that leeches out the navy dye from beneath the image. It should result in a markedly softer feel than a traditional plastisol ink (which is what the two darkest shades are, though they are minimal - I was worried the water based ink would clog on that detail, and it's not a lot of ink coverage).

The result is that the print should be as soft as the shirt, which I think it terrific, and it will hopefully look a bit weathered as well.

Be safe all!

gp

P.S. Has anyone figured out:

1) the difference in the shirts? It's very small, and only noticeable for those who received two t's, as I tried to do one of each for those people; those who only received one shirt can probably guess the difference, if they look closely.

2) which hole is depicted on the note?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »
speling of Monterey. 
addition of Tasmania

Jay Mickle

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2020, 12:44:58 PM »
Received my 2 but discern no difference. Both are very soft. Fine job.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2020, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks George. Great tee shirt.
Nice graphic and very comfortable.Haven't caught the difference between the two yet.

Scott Senior

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2020, 03:18:07 PM »
Got mine...love it!
Thank you!

George Pazin

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2020, 10:46:43 AM »
speling of Monterey. 
addition of Tasmania

Now that's a post worthy of Rihc. :)

I did correct the spelling of Monterey. I thought about leaving it, as a kind of hat tip to Bob Huntley - he was the first to note how I misspelled it the first time. I also added Tasmania and Cape Breton. But that's not the design difference I was asking about.

And as a further clue, I will say Pete wasn't able to guess the difference because he got one that had already been "fixed"...

Peter S, you are one of the few who got one of each (I think), you should be able to see it. Think back to when you were a child and did one of those "spot the differences" pictures.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »
I give up about the other difference. Also cannot fathom what hole is depicted on the note.

Nice color combo, very comfortable, good fit.

Tim Martin

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »
I give up about the other difference. Also cannot fathom what hole is depicted on the note.

Nice color combo, very comfortable, good fit.

I got two and couldn’t find the difference.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
Got my two today. Appreciated the note, George. Thank you! I look forward to wearing them.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2020, 05:54:24 PM »
Thanks again George. Will wear my t-shirts (which have become a major part of my wardrobe since this pandemic started) with great pride. Glad I could help with dragging you a bit further into 21st Century finance!

Greg Holland

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »
Thanks George.  Nice work!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2020, 06:13:11 PM »
COME ON!
What is wrong with you people?
5 pages in and not one single pic of one of our studliest brethren modelling one of these fine garments?
So, chop, chop. We want these t’s suitably displayed, tightly stretched across a fine six-pack (or beer belly), clearly illustrating for our many female admirers how their main squeeze is going to look when he dons the magic apparel.
Hurry up!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2020, 06:17:15 PM »
COME ON!
5 pages in and not one single pic of one of our studliest brethren modelling one of these fine garments?
So, chop, chop. We want these t’s suitably displayed, tightly stretched across a fine six-pack (or beer belly), clearly illustrating for our many female admirers how their main squeeze is going to look when he dons the magic apparel.
Hurry up!
F.
The first 3/12 pages are pre-delivery. They look like the old ones, except black and sepia. Thought you already got yours.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »
COME ON!
Hurry up!
F.
The first 3/12 pages are pre-delivery. They look like the old ones, except black and sepia. Thought you already got yours.

No!
We’re over here in non-t-shirt limbo...

George Pazin

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2020, 12:12:47 PM »
For Marty:

Been awhile since I posted a photo, not even sure I remember how to do it right. Anyway, I intentionally chose a smaller size than I'd normally wear, and tried to push out my guy for effect, per Marty's instructions.

I love FBD, but he is one of the people on this thread who "ordered" a t shirt, but never provided any sort of contact info, so he's still in limbo. I believe everyone who ordered, paid and sent a shipping address has gotten his shirt(s).

-----

For those inquiring about the difference in the designs, here's the scoop:

As Pete P noted, I did update some of the info on the shirt. I also wanted to include Wolf Point, for my friends down in TX. Three of the most memorable rounds of golf in my brief career are with Don Mahaffey (2 rounds) and Mike Nuzzo (1). It's to my eternal discredit and misfortune that I haven't made it down to Wolf Point; life has gotten in the way for me. But I wanted to do special shirts for them, so my idea was to print a handful with "Heaven" where WP is, and then tape it off for the rest of the shirts.

However, as I mentioned earlier, I printed these shirts with a special kind of ink, water based discharge ink, so that it would be a very soft, comfortable print (much like gca has guiding design principles, one of the guiding principles of t shirt printing is don't put a big circle on someone's chest: it's uncomfortable and looks like a bullseye ((probably Ulrich and Mike's opinion....)) ). This type of ink does clog in the screen if it sits, unlike normal t shirt inks, which can sit indefinitely. So I was trying to work fast. And I forgot to stop and tape off "Heaven" after a half dozen or so shirts. So another dozen or so were printed with "Heaven" on them, mostly in size XL, with a handful of L & M getting it as well.

I tried, where possible (if someone ordered 2 shirts), to give the person one of each, though apparently I screwed that up at least once!

I do have maybe 2-3 M, 1 L, a dozen or so XL and 10 XXL left, if anyone else would like to order. I do need to send a bunch to Ran and Ben, so really it's probably more like a half dozen or so of XL and XXL left over.

Stay safe everyone!

George Pazin

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2020, 12:17:10 PM »
Trying a different way:

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2020, 01:42:59 PM »
G,
Any chat on how us crazy non-USers get our grubby little mitts on these beauties?
Payment/shipment and all the other ‘ments!
 ;D
F.
George,
From page 3. Never got a reply!
Love,
F.

George Pazin

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2020, 01:55:49 PM »
I posted simple instructions, several times: send me size and shipping information, and a check or PayPal. I even asked repeatedly on this thread for shipping information from the handful of people who just posted "I'll take an XL" or whatever, but never followed up with shipping information. This is a modestly expensive labo(u)r of love for me, please do not make me jump through additional hoops...

I did print an additional shirt for you, happy to send it whenever you send me a shipping address, either through a message to me on here, or an email to me at geopazin@gmail.com. I'm not even worried about payment, just send me a shipping address other than "FBD, Scotland".

No comment on the photo?

:)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
I want to pay for it please. So is it $13 for the shirt? Even guesstimate the postage and I’ll PayPal the total to you immediately!
With shipping address...!
Mucho love,
F.

PS the pic links don’t work...

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2020, 02:31:49 PM »
Friday night Frolics:
Who’s the studliest GCA t-shirt wearer 2020?

Love,
F.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
George: I did pay for a shirt but I never got it - could you check on that for me please.

Jerry

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2020, 05:22:50 PM »
Are these still available? PM sent.
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Tim Martin

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2020, 08:24:11 AM »

Marty-Back at you! Sorry about the size but you can click on photo for larger version if you dare. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 08:29:09 AM by Tim Martin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back