News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

As I wipe up the coffee, I am anonymously quoting a fellow GCAer:

"Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it anymore as we ended up booking our honeymoon on the dates of the event.  I really, really wish I could be there, but the wife wouldn't approve!”

Priceless. Cheers to your nuptials John Doe of GCA! 
Seems that the problem lies not with the ceremony scheduling! Perhaps you can combine the honeymoon with...
... I think there is a pool...
Just sayin'...
Congrats!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:03:04 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Jay Mickle

I don't get it.
Have a friend that took his non golf playing new wife to Australia on their honeymoon and played 7 rounds of golf.
Yes, they are still married.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Steve Lapper

I don't get it.
Have a friend that took his non golf playing new wife to Australia on their honeymoon and played 7 rounds of golf.
Yes, they are still married.

Been there done that on our honeymoon: New South Wales, Royal Melbourne Composite & West , Kingston Heath, Metropolitan & National Moonah....then onto New Zealand with rounds at Kauri Cliffs, Paraparapumu and Warakei. Last stop was Maui where, in partial disgust, my bride told me she was "going to learn the game, come hell or high-water.....I'm not going to be a full-time golf widow!"

We played 3 rounds In Hawaii and she was hooked.

17 years later, she plays more than me and is fully addicted. Lucky me! :o

PS...We are still happily married!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:58:16 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Ira Fishman

My wife got hooked about a year before our Wedding.  We played five times on our Honeymoon.  We are celebrating our 31st next week, and the celebration trip includes Kilspindie, North Berwick (2x), Elie, Kingsbarns, and with some luck TOC.  As I told a friend the other day, there are lots of reasons I am a lucky guy with her love of golf being pretty high on the list.

Ira

Carl Rogers

The Dixie Cups this year is scheduled on our Anniversary and I cancelled.  No golf that day.  16 August will no. 39.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Ira Fishman

Carl, 39 is pretty awesome. Mazel Tov!

Ira

Bill Brightly

The guy is doomed. If golf is not spelled out as priority in the contract before the wedding, it is never getting into the deal after marriage...

Reminds me of a story. The first time I played Pine Valley was with a buddy who had a friend who is a member. Guy is a doctor. While we were enjoyaing our turtle soup, the doctor tells us that while he was completing his residency in California, he received a certified letter from PV saying that this was the final notice that his $200 non-resident junior dues bill was delinquent and he would be removed from the roster if not paid. His wife handled the money in their household, so he said, "Honey, you didn't pay the Pine Valley bill?" She said, "of course not, you haven't been there in years."

My buddy said, holy shit, what did you do? Doc said: "I'm not married to her anymore." :)

David_Elvins

Went to Kings Putter at Bandon whilst on honeymoon.

It was awesome!

Still married. 

Nor sure what the issue is here.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Joe Hancock

37 years ago, my wife and I honeymooned at Crystal Lake, MI. We played golf on 5 of the 6 days we were there. I’d tell you what courses we played, but if she found out I remembered each of them after all these years, while forgetting much more important events during the same time frame, well, that wouldn’t be good. She also wouldn’t be surprised. She has been a keeper, while I should have been disposed of years ago. I’m a grateful man.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Ken Moum

My first date with my wife was a Friday night couples event.

She moved in with me about a year later and our most enjoyable entertainment was (and is) playing foursomes in competition.

During the winter of 1993-94 I said, "Is the State Husband and Wife Championship a good enough reason to get married?" She obviously said yes.

We got married in Rapid City, SD the weekend before the tournament, played in the couples even the next day in Custer, SD.

In the tournament we managed to finish 6th, the best we ever did.

In few weeks we'll celebrate 25 together by opening a bottle of 16 y.o Aberlour we filled ourselves on a tour of the distillery in 2006.

Since then we've been back to Scotland three times for 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 7 weeks.

Marrying a woman who didn't play or demanded that golf take a back burner...not a chance.
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Bruce Katona

Mrs. K and I played 2x on our honeymoon in Hawaii.

She's ready to get back to playing again regularly after last summer hitting them in Bermuda.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back