News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Mavros

Jeffersonville Short Course
« on: April 09, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »

A new short course was teased out on social media today.  It's Tyler Rae's master plan and looks like it would be placed on the land between the Seventeenth (to the left) and driveway. 

https://twitter.com/JeffersonGolfPA

Looks like a lot of fun.  A couple greens will share holes as well.  Hopefully it happens.  It would be a nice move for such a popular course and would like to see more of Tyler's work in the Philadelphia area. 

Joe Bausch

Re: Jeffersonville Short Course
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
Should be a wonderful use of some under-utilized land.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
Jeffersonville and LuLu are two big gaps on my Philly resume. Thanks for posting this.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Kyle Harris

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:22:18 PM »
Jeffersonville and LuLu are two big gaps on my Philly resume. Thanks for posting this.

My God. Really?
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:27 AM »

My God. Really?

Throw in Gulph Mills, and you have a conspiracy theory against Donald Ross in Philly :)

I will go so far as to say that if they get this short course in, Jeffersonville should be submitted for "147 Custodian" status...
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »

My God. Really?

Throw in Gulph Mills, and you have a conspiracy theory against Donald Ross in Philly :)

I will go so far as to say that if they get this short course in, Jeffersonville should be submitted for "147 Custodian" status...

It's been submitted.

Might be disqualified if they still have the ridiculous mandatory cart before 11AM on weekends and holidays policy.

I'm not sure how I feel about the short course. Jeffersonville lacks a proper range, ostensibly, as the area in question was the range that never opened. I think the location of the entrance road is the problem as it is very much in play and nets are hideous and expensive.

Coincidentally, on the original Ross/McGovern routing this area is where the 16th hole was located. The shaping is still out there in the field. I have no idea when the hole was abandoned - probably in the George Fazio area. The current 6th green and 7th tee is what replaced the original 16th. That's why the 9th actually plays away from the clubhouse with the 10th coming back. There is a scorecard with a routing in that configuration that ends on the Par-3 12th!

Fun fact: Jeffersonville was Tom Fazio's home course growing up.
http://kylewharris.com

Constantly blamed by 8-handicaps for their 7 missed 12-footers each round.

Thank you for changing the font of your posts. It makes them easier to scroll past.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back