News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

B.Ross

Re: Turnberry Ailsa
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
i was fortunate enough to have taken a father/son trip to southwest scotland about exactly a year ago with my dad. a lifelong GOPer, he did not vote for the donald. we planned this trip in oct 2016 thinking we'd get a nice deal on the rooms at turnberry b/c his reputation was in the tank and it was only getting worse... then he won the election. nevertheless, we still stayed at turnberry (booked whole thing through golfbreaks.com) and it's 1 lovely resort and was fairly priced for what it was.

now onto the golf - the ailsa course was the last on our trip. prestwick was the first. in the middle we played troon western gailes and the other course at turnberry, called king robert the bruce.

this community likely puts prestwick over the ailsa course b/c of its quirk and its greens, but i do not. the ailsa was 1 of the finest and coolest courses i have ever played, even if the greens could have been more interesting. the holes, views and cliffs really were pretty spectacular.

quick note on the donald's golf business - his public course in LA is currently giving away a FREE round to anyone in their CRM e-mail database to be used between now and 12/31/18. this is a course where they price twilight rounds at 80, mid day ones at 175, and primetime spots at 300.  my guess? they are doing this to boost the rounds played per year even if it doesn't help revenue. this way, they can "juke the stats" a bit for when the media goes digging as it'll show that rounds per year at public trump facilities were better than actual price paid per round on a YoY or any other historical comparison.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back