News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Hodgson

Re: The Seigneurial System and Bad Golf Courses
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 05:56:27 AM »
Does Royal Montreal require this as well - I had heard that they did but for your response it doesn't sound like it.  If not then Mt Bruno may be the last holdout in the country.  I have played most of the private courses in Toronto and you can wear short socks at all of them, even places like Rosedale and Toronto GC.  And courses in the west seem far more laid back about this kind of stuff.
The RMGC policy changed about 10 years ago, before I became a member.  Hardly anyone wears the knee-highs now.  As of 2011 Muirfield in Scotland still had the knee-high policy.  I remember overhearing two members in the locker room discussing a scheme to make money for the club by selling knee highs to members of visiting golfing societies.
All I can say about knee high socks is that they only provide fodder to non-golfers who like to make fun of the way we dress

Rich Goodale

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 06:36:09 AM »
Not knowing anything about le systeme seigneurial, does it include le droit du seigneur?  If so, count me in!

Jean-Paul Parodi
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
All I can say about knee high socks is that they only provide fodder to non-golfers who like to make fun of the way we dress
I have a practice of wearing plus-fours in the final round of our Club Championship.  One time I had to stop at the Metro to pick up some groceries on the way home while wearing the plus-fours and I got some funny looks!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back