News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Open, Ryder Cup
« on: July 22, 2018, 07:33:08 AM »
Is it worrying for the Ryder Cup that so many Americans are doing so well at the Open and comparatively few Europeans?

Cal Seifert

Re: Open, Ryder Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:53:12 AM »
A lot can change between now and the Ryder Cup. I also havent seen much of Le Golf National but the little I saw seemed to make it seem like it plays much differently from Carnoustie.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »

Mark,

its a 5 and 5 US and European leaderboard top ten now

ward peyronnin

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »
Mark
What may be more worrying is the new American comaraderie as evidenced by the frat house seven.
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
Well, I got it wrong, didn't I. Italian first and two Brits joint second. But I take your point about the American camaraderie. Totally different event and totally different way of scoring, so who knows? Where is 2022 in Italy being played? What sort of course is it?

Niall C

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »
How many of the Americans at the top of the Open leaderboard will make the team and how many of the Europeans ? It seems to me that some of the European stalwarts were right up there whereas some of the US guys are maybe on the margin of selection ? That seems to me a healthier situation for the US than the Europeans.

Niall

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »
Match play at this level is largely a toss up on any given 18 hole match. It's mostly what makes the Ryder Cup so much fun.

Well, that and the razzing... you English bastards!!!! :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
Who the hell are you calling English !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Och aye the noo

Niall

George Pazin

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
 :)

You're all English to us Yanks, even Sean, the expatriate former Yank.

I sometimes wish someone would sit down and write a little treatise on English vs Welsh vs Scottish vs Northern Ireland vs Ireland vs Canada/Australia/the rest. They don't teach us that stuff in the former colonies.......
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:37:24 PM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back