News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

I am a little late in getting around to planning this due to a busy spring. However, Jeff Shelman and I wanted to offer an opportunity for folks traveling through the Twin Cities on their way to the Midwest Mashie in Duluth to play White Bear Yacht Club.

Where:
White Bear Yacht Club
56 Dellwood Avenue
White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110

Schedule:
We are planning on afternoon golf with tee times starting around 2:00pm on Friday, August 3rd. At this time we are limited to five foursomes. After golf, we are going to have a cocktail hour and dinner at the club.

Costs:
The cost for the day will be $190 per guest. That cost includes golf, forecaddies, dinner, all the tap beer you want during and after the round, and all gratuities. Guests can pay for their expenses when they arrive in the pro shop. If folks want anything else in addition to above to eat/drink (snacks, cocktails other than beer, etc.) the golf house will be able to accept cash only.

Handling expenses:
Expenses will be paid directly to the Pro Shop upon check in and will include guest fees, caddie fees, dinner, and all gratuities.

Please let us know if you would like to join us. At this point we are going to limit this event to people visiting us from outside of Minnesota. Also, in your response please let us know your preference to either walk & carry, caddie, or cart.

Participant List
1) Pat Craig - WBYC
2) Jeff Shelman - WBYC
3) Ran Morrissett
4) Bill Morrissett
5) Jay Mickle
6) Ted Sturges
7) Vaughn Halyard
8- Jason Thompson
9)
10) Guy Whitehead - WBYC
11) Frank Kim
12) Ross Harmon
13) Bill Steele
14) Tyler Kearns
15) Jason Thurman
16) Matt Bosela
17) Dave Herrick
18) Lou Duran
19) Mark Mammel - WBYC
20) Steve Kline
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:08:02 AM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

Frank Kim

I'd love to play this great course.  Walk & carry.

Ross Harmon

Pat - I’d love to join this! Thank you for the generous invitation. My first golf trip to Minnesota! Walk and carry for me. Thanks!

Billsteele

Pat-Would also love to play on Friday. Caddie for me please.

Tyler Kearns

Pat,

Thanks for the invitation, please add me to the list, walk & carry.

Tyler

Buck Wolter

Add me please! walk
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jason Thurman

Walk and carry please. Awesome, awesome offer. Thanks Pat.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

PCCraig

Add me please! walk

Buck,

For right now we're going to limit this event to folks from outside of Minnesota. So that those that may not visit often can see White Bear since they are already in town for the Mashie. We can get you out to play another time with the local crew!
H.P.S.

Criss Titschinger

I'm in the Darius Oliver camp of my affection for WBYC. If you're coming to the Mashie and you haven't played WBYC, you owe it to yourself to take up this generous offer, if you have a chance. You won't regret it!

Matt Bosela

As I've said to Jeff, I'd love to play as well.  Walk and carry is fine for me.

Can't thank you both enough for the opportunity!

Dave Herrick

Thanks very much for setting this up. Please add me to the list, walking and carrying.

Pete_Pittock

Sorry, will have to take a rain check. That day am doing 36 at Wilderness @FB and Quarry @ GR.

Lou_Duran

Please include me in the outing.  Walk/carry.  Thanks.

PCCraig

Thanks for the great response. I've received a number of messages over the last couple of days. I am sorting through them in order and will update the list shortly.

Just one note, for those planning on playing at White Bear that Friday afternoon. I would recommend staying somewhat close to the Club. We will be having dinner and given that you will already be in the north Metro, and Northland is north of that, it might save you some driving time. Plus the hotels are a little more reasonable up there.

Not sure of availability, but the Best Western Plus White Bear Country Inn is a nice spot and is right down the road from the club. Might be worth calling them for a reservation if you are planning on joining us.

There is a Fairfield Inn and Holiday Inn Express a little further away but very close to 35 (which takes you directly north to Duluth) that would work as well.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Attendee list has been updated in the first post of the thread.
H.P.S.

Jay Mickle

Walk and carry.]
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Lou_Duran

Show-off!

Steve Kline

Is there still room for one more?

PCCraig

Is there still room for one more?

Steve,

Are you planning on joining us for the Mashie at Northland? At this point we are going to hold this event for those traveling through town on their way to Duluth.

If you would like to join us for the weekend. Let me know and I'll add you to both.

Thanks,

Pat
H.P.S.

Steve Kline

I'm hoping to join for both. Just need to check with the wife when I get home from work.

I will walk and carry, live in Ohio, and as for handicap...I have no idea. I basically quit golf almost seven years ago as +4. I have hardly touched a club since but have got the itch back, particularly for courses with great architecture. I'm guessing I will shoot somewhere between 85 to 90.

Steve Kline

I'm in!

Look forward to picking up the game again and meeting everyone.

Jason Thompson

Pat,

If there is still room for one more out of towner, I'd love to be included.

Walk and carry for me!

-Jason Thompson

PCCraig

Jason,

At this point I will have to put you on the "waitlist". If something changes or someone drops out I will let you know as soon as possible.
H.P.S.

Jason Thompson

Jason,

At this point I will have to put you on the "waitlist". If something changes or someone drops out I will let you know as soon as possible.

Understood. Thanks much!

PCCraig

Jason,

Understood. Thanks much!

Jason,

You're in.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back