News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Disher

Re:Baltimore CC (Five Farms East)!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2003, 11:17:32 AM »
Mr H,
My question was about the bunkers just 30-40 yards short of the 5th green on the right. The one nearest the fairway is L-shaped and can be seen in the aerial. I looks like it might catch an errant shot from the fairway bunker on the left but it's completely blocked by trees from a right-side approach. Playing from it to the green also looks problematic - trees are between it and the green. The bunker to its right appears out of play entirely for the 5th hole and too short off the tee to have any effect on the 6th. Was the 6th tee originally in a different location?

david h. carroll

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2003, 01:01:04 PM »
Craig-- The belief is that those bunkers were visual effects for the 6 tee shot...the problem is that with the trees interspersed, you don't really notice them...they are much like the bunkers on #2--not in play but there to make you think they are in play

Jim Franklin

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2003, 10:09:48 AM »
Craig -

DC is correct with his assesment of those bunkers, but I looked at the other bunker again and think we need to either take out the tree between the bunker and the green or take out the bunker. I vote on taking the tree down.
Mr Hurricane

DTaylor18

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2003, 12:31:37 PM »
I agree, that tree does need to come down.  However, if that's the only complaint, that's quite a compliment.

I was fortunate enough to play here yesterday, and have to admit that it exceeded expectations.  It was an uncrowded beautiful fall day.  The course reminded me a little bit of Somerset Hills.  It had rolling terrain that was pretty yet walkable.  There were some brutally long par 4's but the par 3's were all solid, from about 150 to 205.  The greens, despite some changes to them, were rolling well, if not as fast as I was told they often are (fourtunately for me!).  Overall an excellent place that is yet another great Tillie that one could play over and over and never get tired of due to the great variety of holes.  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 12:31:54 PM by DTaylor18 »

CHrisB

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2003, 10:33:05 PM »
Are there any plans to change the left side of the 8th hole? When we played the back tee it would almost impossible to catch the left fairway bunker because it is blocked by a tree not too far off the tee. I don't think the bunker would affect play anyway because it's pretty far left and back of the line of play...

Jim Franklin

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2003, 08:45:38 AM »
You would be surprised at how many people snap hook it into that bunker. Sorry Dan, but dtaylor18 played with me Sunday and was LEFT of that bunker. That was a first for me. I do not believe there are any plans to move this bunker.

Mr Hurricane

david h. carroll

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2003, 09:44:09 AM »
I agree with Mr. Hurricane, about that bunker but there was discussion during the renovation planning about pushing it up the fairwway....I contend that we should jsut take out those trees so that the player sees it from the back tees and it therebye comes more into play....I will, however, admit to sniping it in there myself on occasion ;)

Jim Franklin

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2003, 10:01:33 AM »
I must retract my statement toward DTaylor's snap hook. Dan actually birdied the 8th hole from the RIGHT side of the fairway. It was my partner from our Ryder Cup the day before that hit the only ball I have ever seen left of that bunker. I guess when you play 100+ rounds a year they tend to blend together. Sorry Dan, you did make a great birdie there and not the duck I said you did.
Mr Hurricane

david h. carroll

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2003, 10:23:19 AM »
Mr. H--I assume you are referring to Double D and not the pro??

Jim Franklin

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2003, 10:42:27 AM »
Bada bing!
Mr Hurricane

david h. carroll

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »
Bump--more changes afoot at the Farms.....trees, bunkers and back tees throughout...first dozers came in last week to move/re-line bunkers at 2(additional behind green left where there was originally one), 5(right fairway bunker), 7(right fairway bunker), 8(left fairway bunker being moved), 14 right fairway bunker moved)....new back tees at 1 and 2 make each hole about 480 yds(ugh), new back box at 5 will put it in the 460 range(ugh), new back box at par 3 13th should make it play 185 or so...should be ready by next spring.  We'll see how it goes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back