News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ted Sturges

Whatever happened to...
« on: April 09, 2018, 04:02:43 PM »
..."The Masters will be presented with a minimum of commercial interruptions".

Acknowledging the fact that most of the commercials were short, and enjoying the fact that there were fewer (but still a lot) of commercial interruptions on the back 9, when did the powers that be at ANGC change their stance on this one?  I can remember years when once an hour they had a little statement from Cadillac and The Travelers that they were sponsoring The Masters and they were proud to bring us minimal commercial interruptions to provide for a better viewing experience.  What happened???  On the front 9, there were literally commercials on all 9 holes played by the leaders.  I was not expecting that.  Is this the first year they have abandoned that old telecast tradition?

The Masters...a tradition like (every other PGA tour event).  Yuk.

TS

Jeff Schley

Re: Whatever happened to...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:15:18 PM »
Yeah I didn't see Joe Ford, or whatever that guys name is who announces this and says, "and we hope you enjoy watching the 2018 Masters."
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ryan Hillenbrand

Re: Whatever happened to...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 04:31:38 PM »
Probably safe now as a corporation to sponsor since they've allowed women members. And the women's amateur wont hurt either. We were just spoiled as viewers during Hootie's reign.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back