News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Don't just go in lockstep with the thundering herd.

That's a good line that could equally apply to golf courses as well as chip shops.

Not played Lundin (shame on me) but agree on quality of Leven. Some mundane stuff, some unusual and some great features combine to give a very enjoyable, at times challenging but overall not too taxing game.

Elie - played it once and deeply disappointed I didn't get to play it again recently at the planned GCA Clan Gathering.

Crail - I wouldn't rush to Balcomie before going to the other two above but certainly to my mind it's in the same league. I can't really say the same with Craighead. Played it last year with Mark for the first time in a few years and while it was a bit better then I remembered in terms of the internal green contours, the clunky routing with sharp dog-legs (no doubt an attempt to maximise yardage) and the green complexes which were more suitable for target golf than the ground game, it's not really what you go to Scotland to play I'd have thought.

Niall

Mark Pearce

I can't really say the same with Craighead. Played it last year with Mark for the first time in a few years and while it was a bit better then I remembered in terms of the internal green contours, the clunky routing with sharp dog-legs (no doubt an attempt to maximise yardage) and the green complexes which were more suitable for target golf than the ground game, it's not really what you go to Scotland to play I'd have thought.
Possibly not.  But as a club Crail already has the Balcomie, with enough quirk to last a lifetime.  For club members Craighead is an ideal pairing with Balcomie.  I dsiagree about the routing, too.  Sure there are a couple of sharp doglegs but they're actually rather good holes, particularly the 2nd, which really rewards multiple plays.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

mike_malone

Took Malcolm’s advice and booked Leven for 930. I assume that there is ample time for 225 at Elie.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:03:29 PM by mike_malone »
AKA Mayday

Malcolm Mckinnon

Tons and tons of time.

Car Park at Leven is to the right as you drive in across the street from the Victorian Clubhouse. No charge.

There is a starter shack next to the 18th green/first tee.

[/size]

Marty Bonnar

Tons and tons of time.

Car Park at Leven is to the right as you drive in across the street from the Victorian Clubhouse. No charge.

There is a starter shack next to the 18th green/first tee.

The clubhouse has a car park. If you drive one street back from the esplanade, you’ll find it at the end of the street.
The starter’s shack was refurbed and is now occupied by the resident pro, Eric Walker. Has a nice range of Leven swag!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back