News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Ace/Uncle Billy McBrides Celebration
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »
The many comments offered up in a prior thread celebrating our noble friend Bill and the special place he occupied individually and collectively gave me much needed comfort at this time.

I have just heard from Joe Buehler that there will be no funeral for Bill but instead a Celebration of Life tentatively on March 24. I will provide more detail as it becomes available.

How wise of the family. This will give those of us who wish to attend time to compose ourselves and celebrate with Bill and his family and friends rather than hastefully slog our way through a dark pilgrimage and time far his far flung coterie to make proper arrangements as well.
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Rich Goodale

Re: Ace/Uncle Billy McBrides Celebration
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:17:37 PM »
Thanks for the info, Wardo.  I'll be in Florida from March 14 for 2-3 months, and would love to celebrate Bill's life with his family and friends.

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

ward peyronnin

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
Bill's celebration is now confirmed for March 24 for those of you who wish to save the date.
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

ward peyronnin

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
I was asked to copy and post David McBride's facebook post for those of you who don,t FB:

We lost my Dad, Bill McBride on Thursday in Pensacola, FL.  He was 75.  My Dad had been battling non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for the past year, but it became very aggressive at the end.  He died peacefully.  Bill was a devoted husband to my Mom, Kathleen, for 50 years!  He was a wonderful father to me and my sisters Amy and Jane. He was a loving grandfather to Owen, Cecilia and Jacob. 
 If you had the pleasure to meet or got to know my Dad, you know how badly he will be missed!  He leaves behind a legacy of the beautiful buildings he built in Pensacola, but most important to him were the beautiful friendships he cultivated and maintained over his entire lifetime.  He was the best father and best friend I could ever have hoped for.  There will be a Memorial service on Saturday March 24th in Pensacola.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »
Fellow pests, D Cuppers, King Putters et al

I have gone ahead and arranged for a block of rooms at The Pensacola Grande Hotel for March 23 and 24. Reduced rate is $125 per. They are 90% booked and this offer expires Feb 26. Call 850-433-3336 x 5526 mention McBride celebration and code MCB

I made an executive decision and chose this location primarily for it's photogenic bar. I couldn't guarantee room location so we definitely require a water hole at which to toast the wee grande man himself. cry in our beers, and celebrate his life together.

If you plan to attend please let me know as I would like to let the family know who to expect. Several of us also contemplate a round of golf Sunday but I can't guarantee more than a couple of groups.

Cheers
Wardo

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:39:44 PM »
Wardo, I'm registered at the Pensi Grand.   They have a very liberal cancellation policy, and I am for reasons beyond my control only a definite maybe.  I'll I.M. you.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 12:40:27 AM »

Ward,
Just made plane reservations. Three nights at the P Grand. Bringing golf clubs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:01:16 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:27:32 AM »
I was asked to copy and post David McBride's facebook post for those of you who don,t FB:

We lost my Dad, Bill McBride on Thursday in Pensacola, FL.  He was 75.  My Dad had been battling non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for the past year, but it became very aggressive at the end.  He died peacefully.  Bill was a devoted husband to my Mom, Kathleen, for 50 years!  He was a wonderful father to me and my sisters Amy and Jane. He was a loving grandfather to Owen, Cecilia and Jacob. 
 If you had the pleasure to meet or got to know my Dad, you know how badly he will be missed!  He leaves behind a legacy of the beautiful buildings he built in Pensacola, but most important to him were the beautiful friendships he cultivated and maintained over his entire lifetime.  He was the best father and best friend I could ever have hoped for.  There will be a Memorial service on Saturday March 24th in Pensacola.

Ward

Many thanks for posting that. Can I suggest, assuming you haven't already done so, that you point the family in the direction of this website. I think the family would appreciate seeing how well loved Bill was by his friends from all over.

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »

Ward

Many thanks for posting that. Can I suggest, assuming you haven't already done so, that you point the family in the direction of this website. I think the family would appreciate seeing how well loved Bill was by his friends from all over.

Niall

Also, if you search FB for David McBride (he’s the one in Houston, Texas), there’s some great family photos attached to the Post.
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
Further thought after reading George’s Q&A thread.
Anyone thought of contacting The Dunvegan/Sheena to let them know?
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 12:17:24 PM »
I'm booked into the place with the "photogenic bar."  Have Clubs/Will Travel.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »

I'm booked into the place with the "photogenic bar."  Have Clubs/Will Travel.
Funny, my 'business' card was Had Game/Will Travel

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back