News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Calendar feature used for Golf Events?
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
Dear all,

I'm quickly becoming aware of all the great events that volunteers are putting together for us all.  The King's Putter, Dixie Cup, BUDA, George Cup and others.  I know we have a calendar feature that seems to be populated with birthdays and national holidays in the USA at present.  This is a nice feature that I wanted to kindly inquire if we could utilize it for inputting golf events we are putting on with a link to the thread for the event?  I am trying to make sense of all the playing events and to get it organized in my own head I think this would help.

As an alternate is a sticky at the top that populates a link to each thread for upcoming events?

Looking forward to attending in the near future.

:)
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

MLevesque

Re: Calendar feature used for Golf Events?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:55:20 PM »
I second that motion.  It would be wonderful to have access to a calendar of various events/charity tournaments, especially those held on those architecturally significant courses we all hold in high regard.
I am Skew!

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:30:44 AM »
I know we have a calendar feature that seems to be populated with birthdays and national holidays in the USA at present. 

Jeff I'm not sure if you are saying "we" as in your family or "we" as in this site.  If the site has one could you describe how to get to it.

Jake Marvin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:59:24 AM »
Jeff I'm not sure if you are saying "we" as in your family or "we" as in this site.  If the site has one could you describe how to get to it.

It's right under the search bar, upper left corner.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:07:08 PM »

It's right under the search bar, upper left corner.

Correct, it appears to have a unreadable graphic and you have to know where it is.  I stumbled onto it hoping maybe it is a place where these great golf events people are putting on are listed in one place.  There are birthdays, but to increase the value, I would really like to see if have upcoming golf events and even a link to the thread here to find out the 411 and reserve etc.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »
I second that motion.  It would be wonderful to have access to a calendar of various events/charity tournaments, especially those held on those architecturally significant courses we all hold in high regard.

Calendars for West, East, Midwest, Europe - https://teamup.com/ks11wsxea3p5tofxju

Dustin and Dad for tomorrow, just jump in....
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Jay Mickle

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 07:34:55 AM »

Calendars for West, East, Midwest, Europe - https://teamup.com/ks11wsxea3p5tofxju

Dustin and Dad for tomorrow, just jump in....

I think we should adopt it and see how it works. The concept is one I may adopt for setting up local play
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back