News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Dormie, what holes do you admire/like?
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »
I don't hit it very far anymore but I can carry the marsh with my second shot from anywhere near center and left of the fairway. Oddly enough the carry toward the principal's nose is less than the carry to the right side of the marsh. It is my favorite par five on the course.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Craig Disher

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2019, 03:51:58 PM »
What I do like about the 10th hole is the green, and the way it slopes front to back. It is very difficult to get a ball close to a front hole location unless you land it short of the green. It is also usually very difficult to tell where on the green the hole is, because the green is so long it is hard to discern the depth of the flag. When the ground in front of the green is dry it is a very fun shot to attempt a run up shot.

***I was just informed that there is a new tee being built on the 10th hole that will allow the hole to be played with the strategy that was intended.***
Additionally, the small contours within the green can disguise the hole location. The green is so large that it's easy to misjudge without a range finder - which I refuse to carry. Wet - even soggy - turf in front of the green was also a problem. I assume that has been addressed. I know a lot of trees were removed on the right side of the green allowing more light.

There was a new tee constructed a few years ago on the right of the fairway about 30-40 yards forward of the usual tee box. If the new tee is near there, it will certainly allow more players to understand the hole's architecture.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »
To add to any controversy about Dormie I will submit that it has the best variety of greens in the area: left to right, right to left,  back to front, front to back, one tier, multi tier, large, small etc.

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Carl Rogers

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 09:39:29 PM »
To add to any controversy about Dormie I will submit that it has the best variety of greens in the area: left to right, right to left,  back to front, front to back, one tier, multi tier, large, small etc.
This thread has inspired a good amount of lively discussion ... just as I hoped.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back