News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

David_Tepper

Philip Hensley

Re: The Cradle at Pinehurst
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:41:03 PM »
Club Cradle now has speaker rocks pumping out all the hottest jamzzzzz, plus a drink/booze camper behind the 4th tee. Can’t wait to see where they install the vape lounge!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:57:24 PM by Philip Hensley »

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
Club Cradle now has speaker rocks pumping out all the hottest jamzzzzz, plus a drink/booze camper behind the 4th tee. Can’t wait to see where they install the vape lounge!

I can confirm that the Cradle started back up the jamzzzzz at noon today. In all seriousness, what a different vibe the Cradle and Thistle Dhu have created at the resort. Pinehurst gets it and golf will be better off because of it.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »
For those that have seen both The Cradle and Thistle Dhu are they fun/interesting enough to add to a morning round instead of playing another 18 holes in the afternoon?

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »
Play in the afternoon. You will want to go around at least twice, maybe more

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
For those that have seen both The Cradle and Thistle Dhu are they fun/interesting enough to add to a morning round instead of playing another 18 holes in the afternoon?

Depends what you have scheduled for the afternoon! It's a fun way to wrap up an evening and I would also recommend going around a couple of times. Watch out for locals playing cross country golf. Rumors of a secret scorecard abound. Check out the Deuce afterwards.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Jay Mickle

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 10:15:59 PM »
 Can certainly do without the music. With all of the options for Bluetooth ear phones and bone conductive headphones there seems no reason for anyone‘s musical tastes to be insinuated upon others. Secondhand music is like secondhand smoke.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:17:42 PM by Jay Mickle »
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 10:58:43 AM »
Can certainly do without the music. With all of the options for Bluetooth ear phones and bone conductive headphones there seems no reason for anyone‘s musical tastes to be insinuated upon others. Second in music is like secondhand smoke.

It's about the vibe. Pinehurst already has the boomers. Golf culture is rapidly changing. I'm a traditionalist at heart but recognize that some change is probably inevitable and ultimately positive for the sport.

John Blain

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
I played The Cradle 10 days or so ago and absolutely loved it. In fact, I found it somewhat addicting. You just want to keep going around and around and around... :)

There were all types out there playing and it was a pretty chilly day. Young, old, man, woman, kids, grand kids, you name it. Just an incredibly cool place especially when you throw in Thistle Due.

Any idea what the course record is @ The Cradle?  The starter told me that it was a score of 19:  A Pinehurst caddie had 6 birdies, 2 pars and a hole-in-one!

-John

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back