News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Brauer

Annika as course designer.....today's cnn article
« on: October 09, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »

No comment, just noticed it.  Would have liked to know who she was working with, as I doubt her first design was in the mountains of China (from photo) without some technical help.  Schmidt-Curley?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/09/golf/annika-sorenstam-living-golf-interview-golf-course-design/index.html
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

PCCraig

Re: Annika as course designer.....today's cnn article
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »
I know she just helped (?) redesign the old Tartan Park golf course in Minnesota. I believe it's now called Royal Golf Course and was redesigned with Arnold Palmer (considered is "last' design). Haven't played it yet.
H.P.S.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »
http://annikasorenstam.com/coursedesign/

No mention of working with experienced architects except European Golf Design in Turkey and Estonia and Beau Welling and Thomas McBroom  in China. .  Palmer did 9  and Annika 9 in the MN course.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:15:06 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Matt MacIver

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:57 PM »
She co-bid with Nicklaus for the Rio project - maybe there’s still a connection? 

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
A couple of the EGD guys told me that she was enormously enthusiastic and involved with their projects together.

Given that many of EGD's signatures can't find the first tee on opening day, this seemed to be a change to the norm.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
A couple of the EGD guys told me that she was enormously enthusiastic and involved with their projects together.

I'm dying to know how many times she went to Estonia and Turkey, not counting the Grand Openings.

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »

No comment, just noticed it.  Would have liked to know who she was working with, as I doubt her first design was in the mountains of China (from photo) without some technical help.  Schmidt-Curley?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/09/golf/annika-sorenstam-living-golf-interview-golf-course-design/index.html

Yes, Brian Curley designed pretty much all of the 12 courses at Mission Hills with the Pro names. I believe the Nicklaus course was already finished and they may have done a little remodel/re-routing on that one to accommodate some development changes. From what I heard she was more interested in the design process than most of the other names but I do not know specifics.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back