News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Roselle

The Philadelphia School by Andrew C. Mutch, Ph.D.
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »

The fall issue of the Golf Association of Philadelphia magazine has a feature on the Philadelphia School written by Dr. Andrew Mutch...I've been very fortunate to spend the last 10 years conducting Championships on all of these masterpieces...thought you all might enjoy...

http://www.gapgolfmag-digital.org/gapgolf/2017_fall?pg=28#pg28

MCirba

Re: The Philadelphia School by Andrew C. Mutch, Ph.D.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:35:37 AM »
Nice article but surprised and a bit saddened to see that the incredible research of Dr. Joe Bausch who went through hours and hours of painstaking microfiche at the University library wasn't at least acknowledged, as well as the photographs, most of which appear in our voluminous, not-for-profit Cobb's Creek history book.

I recognize that some of this stuff is now available online through searching, but most of it wasn't back a decade ago when Joe launched his Herculean task.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:37:23 AM by MCirba »
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Mike Sweeney

Re: The Philadelphia School by Andrew C. Mutch, Ph.D.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
Nice article but surprised and a bit saddened to see that the incredible research of Dr. Joe Bausch who went through hours and hours of painstaking microfiche at the University library wasn't at least acknowledged, as well as the photographs, most of which appear in our voluminous, not-for-profit Cobb's Creek history book.

I recognize that some of this stuff is now available online through searching, but most of it wasn't back a decade ago when Joe launched his Herculean task.

This site and the golf that I prefer has always been about generosity. Joe (and Mike C) is (are) "way up there" in his (their) generosity to GCA and golf. 

Thanks Joe (and Mike).
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back