News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Moum

It's all about the routing?
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:25:47 PM »
I gotta ask, has anyone here played Strathtay GC in Perthshire?

I'm fascinated by the routing, and wondering if the members wear helmets when they play.

Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Jon Wiggett

Re: It's all about the routing?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »

Ken,

it looks like a very interesting routing indeed. I have never played but seem to recall it came up in a thread a while back but I haven't been able to find it.

Jon

Andy Stamm

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:18:28 PM »
I was meant to play there a few weeks ago, but weather conspired against that. I think it gets very little play, so I don't know that it's too much of a problem. We had trouble getting ahold of the club, and I think it's just an honesty box affair. It's 9 holes with 2 sets of tees to make 18, which that map makes look incredibly crowded. I hope to get there later this summer. I did hear it was good fun with some very quirky holes.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »
A glowing but (I suspect) not an entirely impartial review here...

http://www.scotlandgolf.com/scotlandgolfcourses/q-s/strathtaygolfclub.html#ratings-2364

5 stars out of 5
by Don Mackenzie
on January 15th, 2011 21:57

One of the best golf coures ANYWHERE. Alistair, the green keeper keeps it in excellent order.

If your golf is less than perfect, use the opportunity for exercise, and observation of the countryside. The scenery is unequalled, and the wildlife abundant.

To score well one has to hit Perfect shots. 98% will not do and will not be rewarded.

Some people scorn this course, but they do not appreciate the nature of golf. they play at golf but are not golfers.

He sounds like he could be a friend of Melvyn's!   ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:52:23 PM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back