News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Colin Macqueen

Re: Tom Doak's Little Red Book
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 02:54:41 AM »
Gentlemen,

My copy of the "Little Red Book" has arrived. And very nice it is too. I hadn't expected it to be  a hardcopy so that was a nice surprise.
I plunged into it but realised after the first few pages that this was a poor idea. The vignettes, in my opinion, need to be taken one at a time or at least sparingly so they can be thought about, savoured and appreciated all the more. In fact a bit like a good malt whisky this book should be imbibed a wee bit at a time on a reasonably regular basis!

Actually I feel a bit of a cad having "complained" about the late arrival as the postage cost more than was scheduled so I have short-changed Renaissance. I guess if I ever meet Tom in a bar an extra-specially fine malt will be laid before him! Unless he comes after me for the eight dollars!!

The editing work by Bob Crosby has been a labour of love and is well done.  Thank goodness I gave up, some years ago, on my crazy idea and for my own personal use, of creating synopses of GCA mutterings about various aspects of course design.

I do however have about 8000 bon mots penned by one Peter Pallotta! I have given up tracking him as well as his output has put on a spurt of late and I canna keep up wi' the lad! Now that would be an editing feat Bob!

Anyway .... thank you Tom and Bob for this wee gem,

Cheers Colin

"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 07:01:39 AM »
Colin:

Glad to hear the book has arrived.  As you say, we pay the post office quite a lot to ship them overseas, and I was getting concerned with how long it was taking ...

Bob Montle

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »
Kudos to your shipping team.
I placed my order on Friday and the book was on my porch Monday afternoon.
AWESOME
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Jason Connor

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 06:49:29 PM »
My wife alleges that she ordered it for Father's Day. 
I'll believe when the mailman hands it to me!

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Tom_Doak

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
My wife alleges that she ordered it for Father's Day. 
I'll believe when the mailman hands it to me!

Blame it on us, or maybe the USPS, but certainly not your wife. 

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
Tom:

I'm always behind on my reading, but the Chairman's book just came to the top of the pile and I finished it last evening.  Great fun. I thought I had read ALL you've written, but not so.   Thanks for what you're willing to put out there for all of us to take pot shots at.  Appreciate what you've done both in the dirt and with the written word.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back