News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

henrye

Re:Any Golf Worth Playing in Puerta Vallarta
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 05:25:13 PM »
Tom.

Based on what you are looking for I would ditto Rich's advice.  The El Tigre course is in Nuevo Vallarta.

McClosky.  Apologize, if I implied Marina Vallarta was superior to Punta Mita.  I didn't think I did.  I confess that I only played the Punta Mita course once, but I stand by my memory that it was nothing special.  I remember some beautiful ocean views, but I also remember uninteresting, undefined fairways.  The resort was certainly peaceful and elegant, but I did not factor that in to the golf course.   I can't remember how I scored, but I certainly enjoyed playing there with my son.

I also stand by my assessment of Isla Navidad.  Sorry you didn't find it that good and particularly apologise if you travelled there on my advice and got to that conclusion.

THuckaby2

Re:Any Golf Worth Playing in Puerta Vallarta
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 05:31:40 PM »
Henry:

Mucas gracias tambien.

I believe what I'm going to do is set up a tee time and pre-pay for it at El Tigre, then leave the second round up in the air, make that at Vista Vallarta - Nicklaus if we do it at all.  It does appear the hotel we're at is right there next to El Tigre, and by all accounts it does seem perfect for what my b-i-l and has in mind.

I'm there for a full week... seems like we ought to find time for two golf rounds.  But we might not.  We will for sure play at least once.

TH

Paul Carey

Re: Any Golf Worth Playing in Puerta Vallarta
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 12:33:37 PM »
Any updates to golf in Puerto Vallarta?   I am going around Christmas time. 

Did Hanse ever build something as was mentioned in this old thread?

Thanks

Paul

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
Had my one and only hole-in-one at Punta Mita, the 210 yd par 3 11th hole. The Director of Golf and I had a good time in downtown Puert0 Vallarta that night.....

Eric Smith

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
It is only a matter of seconds before George chimes in with career advice for Aidan ;) ;D so let me ask you a quick question Aiden: is there any course you have photographed that didn't turn out beautiful on film? 

You do have a gift there is no doubt as I find myself wishing I was in Puerta Vallarta, playing those holes right now!

As always, thank you for sharing.

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
Eric,

Don't forget the old adage "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". If you like women, even the less attractive ones still are not that bad. If you have a passion for golf, you can always find something to like in a golf image. Thank you for the kind words.

Aidan.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back