News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Baillie

New Member Intro
« on: May 07, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
Hi, briefly introducing myself.  Been visiting the site and discussion forum for several years.  Ran and Ben, thanks for enabling me to join.

I grew up in the same small Ontario city - Stratford - as fellow GCAer Jamie Pyper.  We played lots of junior golf together and quite enjoyed playing some Stanley Thompson courses - favs Westmount & Brantford - in the area.

Years later I experienced links golf in Scotland.  It gave me some perspective on strategy, design and the like.  Played Prestwick, Dornoch, Old Course, Muirfield on that trip and Carnoustie / North Berwick / Gullane 1 / Renaissance on a more recent trip.  About that time, I joined St. Andrew's East north of Toronto, now approaching 30 years of membership.  Our long range plan modifying most holes was done by another CGAer - Ian Andrew.   Completed in June.

Been fortunate to play a number of interesting courses in recent years.  My top few of those would be: Highland Links, Cabot Cliffs, Streamsong R&B, Sandwich, Deal, Lahinch, Dooks, Goodwood, Lookout Point and Forest Dunes.

Heading with 7 fellow St A East members in two weeks to northern Michigan with 2 rounds each way on The Loop and 2 on the Weiskopf course.

Thanks again and look forward to future discussions.

Mike B.

Jon Wiggett

Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »

Welcome to the group Mike. Look forward to hearing your imput.

Jon

Frank M

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
Welcome Mike, from a fellow GTA'er. 30 years at St. Andrews E  :o You got a hidden gem there.

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »
Welcome Mike!

Ian Andrew also advised renovations to our Princeton, NJ golf course, Springdale, as well.

Very good and well founded guidance re: future stuff to do around the course.

Pleased to have you here! 

Best,

Malcolm

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back