News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Emile Bonfiglio

Augusta's elevations related to Bandon Dunes
« on: April 06, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »
People talk about the elevation changes at Augusta, I'd like some context to that as it relates to the Bandon Dunes resort. What holes at BD have a similar "shocking" elevation to Augusta? 7/8/14/15 at Old Mac? Any holes on Trails?

I only pick Bandon because many have played it and might serve as a fair reference.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:29:27 PM by Emile Bonfiglio »
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Dean Stokes

Re: Augusta's elevations related to Bandon Dunes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
Bandon is like a Florida course compared to Augusta. I wouldn't have thought there's a possible comparison. You could ski down some holes at Augusta!
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Matthew Essig

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
7 on Trails... maybe?
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

David_Elvins

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 06:03:38 PM »
You can use Google Earth for rough elevations.

The tenth at Augusta drops 30 yards from tee to green. 

The only comparison I can think of at Bandon to that involves finishing in the Ocean.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Ted Sirbaugh

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
ANGC #18 has significantly more elevation change than #16 at Trails, and the length of that elevation change is condensed by at least 60-70 yards

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
For people who have been to AGNC and either Riviera or Olympic Lake, how do the slope and overall elevation changes of the properties compare?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:30:23 PM by David_Tepper »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »
Tenth at Augusta is equivalent to playing from the cliff edge on 17 tee at Bandon Dunes, over to the Preserve, and then down to the beach.

Sixth at Augusta is a bigger drop than 17 at Pacific Dunes.

Ben Sims

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
David, it's been a minute since I was on your trio. I'd say Augusta has far more elevation change than Riviera or Oly Lake. There are a couple exceptions, like 1, 9, 17, 18 at Riviera.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
For people who have been to AGNC and either Riviera or Olympic Lake, how do the slope and overall elevation changes of the properties compare?

When we went to Augusta last year I was astonished by the steepness of the 18th hole, and 10 is the same.  The first hole is uphill as steep as any hole at Lakeside or Riviera, and you don't think of it as one of the steep holes.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 01:26:41 AM »
The only thing at Riviera that even sort of compares is the tee shot on 18, but even that is totally different because at Augusta the slopes are generally broad hills and the 18th at Riviera is up one big and steep slope cut into the canyon wall. I haven't been to Olympic to compare it.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 06:41:31 AM »
Riviera is nearly flat. Tee shot at 1 and tee shot at 18 are the only big elevation changes and those are merely playing in to and out of the basin respectively.

Riviera is more like a Muirfield or Carnoustie in terms of elevation change.

Augusta is more like a Carne.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back