News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Wiggett

Re: OT - 2017 Masters Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 04:49:02 AM »
When Sergio knelt over and pounded the green... You could see every missed opportunity, every verbal berating, every demon he's had to deal with, sent out of his body and soaked up by the heavenly grounds of ANGC and I teared up. Such a beautiful scene; one I will never forget.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »
When Sergio knelt over and pounded the green... You could see every missed opportunity, every verbal berating, every demon he's had to deal with, sent out of his body and soaked up by the heavenly grounds of ANGC and I teared up. Such a beautiful scene; one I will never forget.

I will add that the interview with Sergio's Father in Spanish on The Golf Channel later was equally fabulous. It is often hard to follow translation interviews (Spanish to English), but his Father's raw emotion was easy to understand. In an era when so many reactions and moments in sports seem to be choreographed and geared to the marketing machine of sports, Sergio's win brought us back to old fashioned demon smashing, genuine joy, and satisfaction. Great competition and outstanding event from all points, including Justin Rose's immediate support for Sergio. Bravo.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:14 AM »
Gentlemen,

Besides doing a Highland fling as a tribute to Sergio winning the Masters I threw in a a Bolero, a Flamenco, a Fandango and a Zarzeula!!

What a relief that he didn't break my heart yet again. Well done Sergio!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09:00 AM »
When Sergio took a drop on 13 could he have removed the pine straw before dropping the ball?

Bill Raffo

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 07:55:23 AM »
The lengthening of the chute at the 18th hole has certainly changed the complexion of the tournament.  It seems to be causing many, many more players to over cut it into the right trees. I haven't been down there since they lengthened it, is it too much?  Do we want to see Masters decided on the ability to navigate the chute at 18? It used to not be an issue at all.

Don Jordan

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »
The lengthening of the chute at the 18th hole has certainly changed the complexion of the tournament.  It seems to be causing many, many more players to over cut it into the right trees. I haven't been down there since they lengthened it, is it too much?  Do we want to see Masters decided on the ability to navigate the chute at 18? It used to not be an issue at all.

It is a very long way - 298/314 to the two bunkers uphill. 151/130 yds to the front from there. It is really easy to shorten up on a fade swing under pressure and have it end up as a cut, so for me it is just an execution issue, Kenny Perry and Justin Rose might think differently. They needed  to push the tee back to keep the bunkers in play and stop the bombers from going straight over the top of them - especially as a way of accessing a back right pin.

Matthew Essig

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:01 PM »
Some pictures of the first green my friend sent me. TV really does flatten things out.

"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Mike Schott

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:05 PM »
Thanks Matthew. TV loves to give overhead shots, we never see the real contours.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back