News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thurman

Re: 2017 IOWA MIDWEST MASHIE Schedule (Live Doc)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »
I would be extremely interested in joining if there is space for fresh blood! Thanks!

You've survived a 5th Major. I'm pretty sure blood never becomes fresh again after going through one of those.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Joe Zucker

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 12:10:12 AM »
I am tentatively in as well

V_Halyard

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 09:42:13 AM »
Hi Vaughn,

Just checking, is the block of rooms at the hotel confirmed? If so, is there a code we should know before reserving a room?

Thanks,

Pat

yes I will have the codes later today and will communicate with an update.
Thanks!
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

V_Halyard

Re: 2017 IOWA MIDWEST MASHIE Schedule SIGNUP
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
Hi all and thanks for the great response. I have emailed or PM'd all of you for more private contact info going forward.
Please PM or Email me via GCA with any questions or updates.
Subject to change and update.

See Updated Threads
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:14:00 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

V_Halyard

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 11:58:53 AM »
Is it Fry or the "Silverfox"?!?

Ken played in the Cleveland Mashie in the snow wearing a short sleeve Golf shirt.  He is a Viking or an Iron-man.
Iron blood.

Ken Fry

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »

Ken played in the Cleveland Mashie in the snow wearing a short sleeve Golf shirt.  He is a Viking or an Iron-man.
Iron blood.

It's easier to swing without a jacket on so it was all for the TEAM!  Plus, too dumb to know better.

Ken

JJShanley

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »

Iron blood.

It's easier to swing without a jacket on so it was all for the TEAM!  Plus, too dumb to know better.

Ken

A cold golfer is likely also a non-slow golfer.  I play my quickest rounds around Christmas in East Lothian.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
Wildcats in WI doing battle with Bucky, so I'm in...

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »
Count me in.
Thanks for organizing.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 02:02:30 PM »
After a 6 years, I'd like to rejoin the Mashie if there is room. Thanks.

V_Halyard

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 05:46:04 PM »
See Later Post for Midwest Mashie Update

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:00:35 PM by V_Halyard »

Dan Kelly

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »
Count me in, if there are still openings. Thanks.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 08:31:51 PM »
What an amazing response. I want Vaughn Halyard to manage my wake (which hopefully, is a long time in coming.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Brandon Urban

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
As a new Minnesotan, I would love to participate if there is still room.
181 holes at Ballyneal on June, 19th, 2017. What a day and why I love golf - http://www.hundredholehike.com/blogs/181-little-help-my-friends

George Freeman

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
Fantastic interest so far!  Great work Vaughn and thanks again for offering to host the 2017 Midwest Mashie!

Is there a maximum number of participants that you have in mind?

Unfortunately I am going to miss my third straight Mashie (gasp!).  I will have just returned from a 10-day golf trip in Ireland with my Father and I will have used a lot of marital currency.  "Hi honey, I just got back from 10 days of playing golf in Ireland and now I'm heading to Iowa for a few more days of unadulterated golfing joy.  Have fun with the kid and I'll see you when I get back!!".   
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Joe Melchiors

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »
I would like to join as well.

Thanks,
Joe

Ken Fry

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 03:38:02 PM »

"Hi honey, I just got back from 10 days of playing golf in Ireland and now I'm heading to Iowa for a few more days of unadulterated golfing joy.  Have fun with the kid and I'll see you when I get back!!"

You've got the script.  I'm not seeing the issue??

Ken

V_Halyard

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
What an amazing response. I want Vaughn Halyard to manage my wake (which hopefully, is a long time in coming.)

Ha and thanks. Very heartened by the response to the Heartland Mashie in the epicenter of flyover country.
As for your wake, no problem, it will be scheduled accordingly around golf, with a band and bourbon!

Excellent turnout anticipated!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:53:05 PM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 06:57:04 PM »
Fantastic interest so far!  Great work Vaughn and thanks again for offering to host the 2017 Midwest Mashie!

Is there a maximum number of participants that you have in mind?

Unfortunately I am going to miss my third straight Mashie (gasp!).  I will have just returned from a 10-day golf trip in Ireland with my Father and I will have used a lot of marital currency.  "Hi honey, I just got back from 10 days of playing golf in Ireland and now I'm heading to Iowa for a few more days of unadulterated golfing joy.  Have fun with the kid and I'll see you when I get back!!".   

George, thanks!
let me know and I would gladly write you a note...!
It would be prudent to assume that this list will be somewhat fluid in the coming months. Target attendance up to 36 GCAers. Should we reach that total, we will cross that creek or drop names onto a waitlist.

Thanks all and see updated list later in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:54:33 PM by V_Halyard »

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 07:15:13 PM »
...I will have used a lot of marital currency.

Me using a lot of my marital currency is asking my wife to watch our (young) kids while I travel to Iowa for 4 days to play golf. The seeds for more ambitious trips (No. Ireland, Melbourne) were planted years ago, and I look forward to them sprouting in 15-never years.

V_Halyard

Re: 2017 IOWA MIDWEST MASHIE Schedule SIGNUP - Updated Jan 30
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »
Midwest Mashie updated as of 1.30.2017
Please GCA PM /Email me with any updates or requests.
See later Posts
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:30:59 PM by V_Halyard »

Jim Tang

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »
Vaughn -

Thanks for setting this up.  I know Matt already sent you a message on my behalf, but I just wanted to confirm that I will be attending.  Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:06:47 PM by Jim Tang »

V_Halyard

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
Vaughn -

Thanks for setting this us.  I know Matt already set you a message on my behalf, but I just wanted to confirm that I will be attending.  Looking forward to it.

Good to go! Thanks

Joe Lynch

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2017, 11:23:56 PM »
Vaughn,

Please count me in.  You're gonna come out as a great host - this course is going to shine. 

Joe Lynch

Doug Siebert

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
Count me in! A GCA event close enough I can commute instead of getting a hotel, can't pass that up! Plus I haven't seen CRCC in years, so I'll enjoy seeing the changes!
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back