News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Brzezowski

Baltimore CC
« on: October 18, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
Cannot find anything about this club when I search on this site.

It looks like a great track, has anyone have any first hand experience?

Thanks
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Howard Riefs

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:54:24 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Baltimore CC
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 01:49:38 PM »
Thank you fine Sir.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
Ed,
     Baltimore Five Farms is outstanding . I played there earlier this year and would argue that it is as good or better than some of Tillie's heralded courses like SFGC , Philly Cricket, Somerset Hills and Quaker Ridge. The property is perfect for golf - terrific bunkering and green complexes . Requires solid driving and precise iron play. Five Farms is very very good- certainly top 30 USA

Eric Hammerbacher

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:23 PM »
I had the chance to play there last fall, and I fell in love with the East Course.  The course was in great shape after the restoration.  Great work done by Keith Foster...the greens are some of my favorite I've ever played.   I also just found out in the book for the club's centennial that Tillinghast had planned 36 holes, but the club decided not to build the second course until much later, and by then other factors prevented them from using the routing, so the West course is much different than it could have been. 

Also, BCC has to have one of the best playing memberships around, these guys dominate the local tournaments.  One of the assistant pros told me they had about 55 guys try for 11 spots in the state team matches, in which they trounced everyone.
"All it takes, in truth, for a golfer to attain his happiness is a fence rail to throw his coat on, and a target somewhere over the rise." -John Updike 1994

Jim Franklin

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:36:49 AM »
I was a little disappointed that BCC received straight 7's from the Confidential Guide crew, but we fared better than some other places. I certainly believe the topography is better than Winged Foot, Baltusrol, and Quaker Ridge. Somerset Hills is a special course, but I am not sure I like it any better.

If you are ever in Baltimore, let me know. Always enjoy taking people out to play. I took two out yesterday in glorious weather and the greens were spectacular. Keith Foster really did a nice job. I can't wait for the Big Ten Championships in the spring.
Mr Hurricane

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 11:16:16 AM »
Well I am really looking forward to playing it Saturday, thanks guys.

ed

Jim Franklin

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
Good luck with the wind tomorrow. Should be blowing 20mph+ for you. At least you are playing match play so the total score won't matter too much. And stay out of the rough and stay below the hole.
Mr Hurricane

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 09:35:50 AM »
no wind no golf?

should be fun regardless.

Jim Franklin

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 08:25:00 AM »
How was it? I know it was chilly and windy. How did you play?
Mr Hurricane

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:05 AM »
Had a great time but the wind really messed me up. Our team did great and won the event.

The course is fantastic, cannot say enough good things about the layout and conditions. The members and staff were very nice and did a great job also. Played with Denny, cannot recall his last name, but he is a member and helped us around.

Great collection of holes, the par fives were neat to play. Lots of options as far as shot selection.

Sorry I missed you, I guess we were in the locker room layering up.

ed

MCirba

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »
Ed,

Glad you enjoyed BCC.  Terrific track and I can imagine very difficult on the cold blustery day.

Did you get the pic of the drawing of CCC i sent to Prichard for you?
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 02:08:17 PM »
Mike I did not, well at least not that I can find.

ed

MCirba

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »
Ed,

If you IM me your email address I'll send you a good pic of the Geoffrey Cornish 1970's drawing of Concord.  I found it cleaning the garage this past Sunday.  Thanks.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 02:23:50 PM »
erb@snydermoore.com

this should be interesting as we unravel his work

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
I was a little disappointed that BCC received straight 7's from the Confidential Guide crew, but we fared better than some other places. I certainly believe the topography is better than Winged Foot, Baltusrol, and Quaker Ridge. Somerset Hills is a special course, but I am not sure I like it any better.

If you are ever in Baltimore, let me know. Always enjoy taking people out to play. I took two out yesterday in glorious weather and the greens were spectacular. Keith Foster really did a nice job. I can't wait for the Big Ten Championships in the spring.

Jim,

I have walked BCC a couple times, including a round during the U.S. Women's Open.

I thought it was really good and probably better than Quaker Ridge.
Tim Weiman

MCirba

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
erb@snydermoore.com

this should be interesting as we unravel his work

Ed,

I sent you the map and a 1950 aerial photo for comparison purposes.   Hope it helps.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back