News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

The Thomson Room at Brora
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:48 AM »
Played Brora this morning. The course is in wonderful condition, the best I have ever seen there.

After the round I stopped into the new Thomson Room, a room dedicated to 5-time Open champion Peter Thomson, who has been an annual visitor at Brora for many years.

The room is very nicely and tastefully done, with a variety of photos and mementos from his career. I would encourage anyone visiting Brora not to miss it. The room is on the immediate right at the top of the stairs when you enter the clubhouse.

From a prior thread:

http://www.northern-times.co.uk/Sport/Golf/Room-at-Brora-Golf-Club-named-in-honour-of-Peter-Thomson-07072016.htm
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:00:24 AM by David_Tepper »

Charlie_Bell

Re: The Thomson Room at Brora
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »
This brought back some nice memories.  I played Brora only once, in the summer of 2014, but the fog was so thick that on many holes we had to guess the line of play.  It cleared intermittently, only disappearing for good on the 18th.  The view from the clubhouse during lunch -- as I drank my first Irn Bru -- was dazzling, and I'll never forget the wacky contours of the closing hole. 

Oh, how I'd love to return.

John Butler

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »
I played Brora last May and would add to David's posting that you should also go to the Royal Marine Hotel, a short walk from the clubhouse, to see the James Braid Room, which serves as the HQ of the Braid Society.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »
With the summer travel season coming up, I just want to remind anyone who will be playing at Brora this summer to visit the Peter Thomson Room in the clubhouse. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back