News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Bielawa

Re: Thaw Out 2017 - DEPOSITS DUE
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I need to pass for this year.  Hopefully next year!

Derek Holland

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »
Change in work schedule so I will not be able to make it.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »
Whitty, Wardo and I want to share a four bedroom villa.  Anyone want to join us as the fourth?   Everyone in their own bedroom so no snoring issues....🙄.    Please advise quickly as the deposit deadline approaches.

I could be that forth...no snoring here!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Rich Goodale

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2016, 01:16:10 PM »
I'll be in the Hood (100-200 miles) those days.  Please keep me informed.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Eric Smith

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
I'll be in the Hood (100-200 miles) those days.  Please keep me informed.

Right. You're in as far as I can tell.

Dave August

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
Eric -

I will have to bow out. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

Dave

Eric Smith

Re: Thaw Out 2017 - DEPOSITS DUE 9.16
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »
Anyone on the list need to be removed?

If you intend to come to the Thaw Out please contact the Sea Pines Resort by Sept 16. For credit card payments, ask for Anne Graves at 843-842-1874. The deposit amount is $200.00 per person. Thanks!!

• M. Pritchett
  • B. McBride
  • C. Lewis
  • H. Huffines
  • W. Peyronnin
  • M. Whitaker
  • B. Wellmon
  • B. Hoyle
  • E. Fleisher
  • C. Shaida
  • B. Finn
  • J. Kavanaugh
  • B. Graham
  • M. Trenham
  • L. Young
  • J. Mandel
  • M. Christensen
  • J. Hamilton
  • D. Braunsdorf
  • E. Smith
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:44:29 AM by Eric Smith »

Evan Fleisher

Re: Thaw Out 2017 - DEPOSITS DUE 9.12
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
And what would a GCA outing (that I'm involved in) be without...BBQ?!?!?

How about this place one night, if we can fit it in... www.bulliesbbq.com
   - Some Yelp reviews here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/bullies-bbq-hilton-head-island

Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Brian Finn

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »
I just called to make my deposit.  Reminder to anyone else who is late on this. 
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Eric Smith

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 10:25:20 AM »

- Some Yelp reviews here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/bullies-bbq-hilton-head-island

Sounds great! How about Saturday night?

Friday night we have the amazing VINE restaurant booked for the group. It's pretty good. ;)
My brother-in-law is the chef and is preparing a special menu for us. 

Thanks, Brian.

I've asked them to extend the deposit deadline to this Friday, so if anyone hasn't yet called, please do so this week. Thanks.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »

Sounds great! How about Saturday night?

Friday night we have the amazing VINE restaurant booked for the group. It's pretty good. ;)
My brother-in-law is the chef and is preparing a special menu for us. 

Thanks, Brian.

I've asked them to extend the deposit deadline to this Friday, so if anyone hasn't yet called, please do so this week. Thanks.

Perfect!  That was my hope...will be a fun set of courses, and meals!!!

Any additional talk about a possible Haig Point round either before or after the Fri-Sun events?

Evan Fleisher

Re: Thaw Out 2017 - Sea Pines Resort
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »
Hurricane Matthew.  :o

Discuss...

Bill_McBride

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2016, 06:56:56 PM »

Discuss...

Will be gone by the time we get there.   ;D    It's down to Cat 3 which shouldn't do terrible damage - unless you're in Haiti.

Eric Smith

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »

Discuss...

Evan,

My sister and her husband are here with us in TN due to the mandatory evacuation of Hilton Head Island. We may go back with them when its all over since the kids are on fall break. I'll scout out that BBQ joint if we do. ;)

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
Don't forget Java Burrito!

ward peyronnin

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »
I would be glad to organize something at May River GC: definitely a very attractive alternative to Haig
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

jeffwarne

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »

Discuss...

Evan,

My sister and her husband are here with us in TN due to the mandatory evacuation of Hilton Head Island. We may go back with them when its all over since the kids are on fall break. I'll scout out that BBQ joint if we do. ;)

Eric,
I was in HHI in '89 when Hugo was supposed to hit directly and evacuated to Augusta. Many of our friends went to Columbia and further inland to SC and NC.
HHI was missed entirely and MANY inland in Columbia north and east further inland were pounded, with the mountains in NC and West Virginia getting 100 mph winds and torrential rain.
In 2011 when a nasty hurricane(not Sandy) hit here on LI the worst damage was inland in the mountains of Vermont with torrentail rain and many bridges washing away. We were attempting to take our daughter to Middlebury and many/mpst roads were closed for days and some for years.
You never know.....Hope your family comes out OK.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Eric Smith

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »
Thanks, Jeff. They're here now and enjoying a few days on the farm with mom and dad.

Like you said, you never know. In 1996 Bertha was eyeing the SC coast and we were ordered to evacuate HHI. My roommates and I decided to hide out in our condo and watched what turned out to be not much more than a heavy rain storm knock a few palm fronds down across the parking lot. Young and naive (and lucky). 

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2016, 10:52:02 PM »
Soooo...any more thoughts on the extent of the weekend and whether or not there will be golf days beyond the Fri-Sun timeframe?  Will there be something added on either Thursday or Monday?

BTW...how did HHI fare after Hurricane Matthew?

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2016, 07:33:31 AM »
Soooo...any more thoughts on the extent of the weekend and whether or not there will be golf days beyond the Fri-Sun timeframe?  Will there be something added on either Thursday or Monday?

BTW...how did HHI fare after Hurricane Matthew?

Heres what I'm hearing:
-Long Cove lost over 900 trees and will be closed until sometime in November. They had boats in the lawns of the homes to the RIGHT of #14 fwy.
-Harbor Town has some significant tree damage
-The new course, Atlantic Dunes was only open for several day and is now destroyed.
-Similar situation at Wexford.
-Colleton River lost #17 green on the Nicklaus course-washed away
-Ford Plantation (Savannah) lost over 1500 trees

Hard for me to see the pics and hear some stories because I know this will change the feel and look of some many areas throughout the HHI area.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

BCrosby

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »
Any word on Chechesee Creek?

Anthony_Nysse

Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 12:18:42 PM »
Harbour Town, Heron Point and Atlantic Dunes are scheduled to reopen beginning week of Nov. 21, according to Sea Pines officials
Anthony J. Nysse
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Craig Disher

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 12:43:47 PM »
Any word on Chechesee Creek?
CC opened for play on Saturday. Except for a pile of tree debris and trunks to the left of the 10th hole and a little more sunlight in spots the course looks as though nothing happened.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 01:18:20 PM »
Harbour Town, Heron Point and Atlantic Dunes are scheduled to reopen beginning week of Nov. 21, according to Sea Pines officials

https://www.seapines.com/reopening-schedule/
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back